Single Piped Monster DONE! Updated

yeah it was pretty easy, just alot of time. i work on it slowly because i have a different car i drive. thats just a summer car basically. did you take some decals off of that sled of yours?

This thing rocks.I did some lake racing thius past weekend we where running 1000ft.I beat a couple apex's and some f7's.This thing rocks for a single pipe.

Its only a single piped 700....LMAO!!! I would pay money to see the look on their face when you open the hood!

Sled looks wild. You got yourself a good brother there. What exactly is the piston mod?
Pat

Stay tuned there is more to come for this winter.This is my sled now even though everything on it was mine before,lol

RmRider01, yes I peeled some of the decals off... I hate the stock graphics...looks like someone puked milk all over the hood lol. Sorry for the off topic again pro116, we should get together and ride in the UP with that beast!!! I got a few tricks up my sleeve for the old SX this winter.

SX700triple said:
RmRider01, yes I peeled some of the decals off... I hate the stock graphics...looks like someone puked milk all over the hood lol. Sorry for the off topic again pro116, we should get together and ride in the UP with that beast!!! I got a few tricks up my sleeve for the old SX this winter.

Sounds good.

Hey Ryan, What do you think of the Boss seat? It looks like it would be easier to stand up versus the old seat. I just worry about it throwing off the balance in tight corners.

May I ask why only the single pipe w/ all the port work? Are you just trying to keep the stock appearance?

Last edited:
blue hornet, the sled actually was mine until a few weeks ago. i loved teh seat. for a taller guy like me (6'1) its alot easier on your knees. much easier to stand up, and is alot more comfortable.

as far as the exhaust, we had pipes until the dnr gave my brother a ticket on it.

The boss seats are pricy but worth every penny.It's alot easier on your back and knee's.It's like a whole different sled with the saet.

The engine work done to these sx,sxr,venture single pipe engines does not hamper the reliability of these engines 1 bit, the engine as manufactured from yamaha was low compression, jetted pig rich and drasticly undertuned. By simply relieving, modifying, some key areas in the engine they pick up immenesly and will still run the trail all day long at 40mph. Triple pipes surely add another 20hp to these but they are not mandatory, this little over achiever can suprise many others with its almost "wrong part" looking single pipe on it, and for the "aftermarket exhaust law" affected riders its the only way. :2strokes:

Just A Few Questions?

That Is One Cool Looking Yamaha You've Got.

Mr. Viper Is Modifying My Motor Just As He Has Yours. I Have A 2000 Sxr 700. I Would Like To Know How Much Weight Your Running In Your Primary And Your Jetting Across The Board...mains,pilots,and Fuel Screws. I,m Keeping The Single Pipe Just As You Have. There's About To Be Another Single Piped Monster Out On The Snow. Thanks For The Info. Keep Kickn' ***!

Mr. Viper, is it possible to do a breakdown on the costs to HP gain of doing a red head triple motor, from case and cylinder porting, piston mod, compression, clutching, jetting....the works , thanks in advance.

Back