my mono shock install in a Viper

excuse the dried mud in the inside pics, the first ride I took it on there was a shallow water crossing to get to the main trail. this ride, it was frozen thankfully. I was also able to finally clean the sled too. now it looks like mine again ( I am a neat freak with it :) )
IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

these give you an idea of ride height etc. actually thinking I may take out my wifes 00 sxr 600 and mine, set up a tripod on the side of the trail, and show each sled going over the same trail to show the difference. now I just have to get back up there lol!
IMG_3518.jpg

thanks! I didnt weigh them myself, but I used the same packing material (exact same box) to send out my proaction skdi that the mono arrived in. the weight difference was about 13lbs. pretty decent I thought!! and the adjustability is far easier too lol! I would do it again even if it was heavier :)

That really cool if you saved around 13 lbs. I would like to get some of the weight back out of my sled that I added with the electric start this year. G.B.

oh, and try and find an 06 or newer mono as they had grease zerks and other updates. if you do find an 05 mono make SURE it has the updates done or you are looking at some extra $$ to do them yourself. and extra time!

no problem! the whole idea behind me showing everything I did was to make it easier for others to do lol!

03viperguy said:
if we can meet up I have no problem with that. thinking about the mono conversion?? all the cool kids are doing it man ;) when you thinking about being around??

I'll let you know, it will definitely be a weekend.

I know this is a funny question but the light covers you got on that sled don't look like any light can get thought them. do you not ride at night? do you have night vison? what's the story on those?

silver

viperhauck said:
How is the weight transfer on the monoshock vs proaction plus?

much MUCH better. with the proaction it was either transfer weight or be able to drive around a corner. with the mono I can get some pretty decent transfer (pop the skis a few feet) and it handles better than I was EVER able to get my old skid to. I can be going 60 mph and still feel it squat back and transfer. and even so it never loses the cornering. I have also not yet palyed with the transfer rod and it looks to be set in about the mid position. seems like in ALL aspects it is a far superior skid. other than complexity I guess. no need to fine tune fo days to get a decent ride and handling. everything is easy to get to to adjust, far better than the old proaction. nothing like progress!!

silversnow said:
I know this is a funny question but the light covers you got on that sled don't look like any light can get thought them. do you not ride at night? do you have night vison? what's the story on those?

silver

I tend to only use those on bright sunny days when the trails are NOT busy. I can pull them off quick and easy and have a towel in th etrunk that was sewn into 2 pockets so they dont get beat up or scratched. and I have a backpack now so they are even easier to store! lol!!

have about 700+ miles on it and noticed no top end loss at all. actually, it seems faster on top than last year. in warm (30*) weather with about 1-2" of soft mushy snow I saw 107 on the speedo. last year when it was cold and hard pack I was seein 105, so you do the math ;) and this is the only change form last year

03 Viperguy, why dont you put all this in a Word Doc and send it in for the Tech Section. Plus I will add your name for a drawing.

Tom

trying to get there, grandmother was in the hospital until yesterday, so when I havent been riding (this past weekend) I have been going there twice a day :( but she is back and I hope to get this done pretty quick! just taking more time than I expected :(

Back