my mono shock install in a Viper

having a hard time finding it on the port yamaha site, but I was able to find this, from a snowtech article...
MonoShock RA Remote Cable Adjuster
Do you turn the remote adjuster dial on your 2005 Yamaha RX-1 with the MonoShock RA rear suspension but sense no change in suspension compliance? The cable could be broken!

The remote cable adjuster and protective rubber boot found on the 2005 Yamaha MonoShock RA rear suspension can become damaged during riding. To prevent this occurrence, Yamaha is installing a “RA Protector Kit” into all 2005 models fitted with this new rear suspension. This kit consists of a new cable and boot assembly, a new steel protector, and mounting hardware. Owners of these units should contact their dealer to schedule installation of this kit.

oh, and how many miles do you have on the skid? wonder if it a matter of where I mounted it or something? and thanks and your very welcome for the template!

I think I might have got 800 km's on it last year we didn't have a great winter. I looked into the protector I think the skid I have has it from factory as it was an 08 skid. Snowing here as we speak but my sled still isn't ready I don't have the time at the moment.

thought I would bring this back up and around. been gettin a few peopple asking about templates. I AM still doing them, just send a PM. still just $10, shipped. it can take me a week or so to get it out, my freetime is nearly gone with 2 kids now, but I love doing it, love helping out when I can. so just let me know if you are interested

When you say you get better weight transfer does that mean you get better traction? I have a ripsaw track like yours and I still spin a lot.
How well does it hook up compared to the proaction? The reason I went with the ripsaw is because my dad put one on his rx1 and I couldn't believe how well he got traction without studs, so I put one on my viper but it still spins a lot.
Nice job on the install btw

vierhauck said it, a lot more. I felt as though I had added power, it was that much better. but, weight loss+better traction= more GO!

I love this post and the fact that it's still relevant today! This is on my to do list with my 03' Viper as well. The "no-action" skid is my only grip about the Viper. Other than that, after almost five winters on this sled, she still brings a smile to my face every time I crack the throttle. Can't beat the sound of this motor ;)!

So, Viperguy...I'll be hittin' you up for that templet as well my brother ;)

pretty cool

I should put one of these in Darth Viper 2.0, it would make it way cool.

nice job on this install and post! ;)!

We are still considering doing this also, but if I was to go to the expense and work, I would like to do the 131 suspension and tunnel extension.
How much different would the temple be?
:sled1:

coach said:
We are still considering doing this also, but if I was to go to the expense and work, I would like to do the 131 suspension and tunnel extension.
How much different would the temple be?
:sled1:

you mean 136? I have had a few guys do the 136 and have been told the template works fine. I guess the mounting points are the same, just a matter of longer rails... all I know is what I have been told.

GibViper said:
I love this post and the fact that it's still relevant today! This is on my to do list with my 03' Viper as well. The "no-action" skid is my only grip about the Viper. Other than that, after almost five winters on this sled, she still brings a smile to my face every time I crack the throttle. Can't beat the sound of this motor ;)!

So, Viperguy...I'll be hittin' you up for that templet as well my brother ;)

sounds good man, let me know when you are ready!

mrviper700 said:
I should put one of these in Darth Viper 2.0, it would make it way cool.

nice job on this install and post! ;)!

Thanks! and yeah, Darth is kind of begging for one ;)

Back