SRX 1108 Race Sled Buildup

Very Nice Build Valin, are you going to be running in North Bay next year with this sled? How fast do you think it should go or are you just going to drag it?

Yes, the sled is built for 2000' radar running only. I will be in North Bay next year at all the events, and those events here in Sudbury. If there's an event down in Ottawa, we might have to head down there as well.

The website for Price Performance is http://www.priceperf.com

BenderSRX, I am shooting for 150mph in 2000'. The sled is heavy, and there's only so much I can change on the sled to lighten it up in the 1107 Improved Pro class. I'll weigh it as soon as the hood is painted and let you guys know how much it weighs.

Valin, that sled looks great!!!!!!! You seem to put everyting on there (not too much) made that sled look clean. It's probley one of the best SRX's I've seen to date. Keep up the Fantastic work. ;)!

Cut and threw on the airdam today. It sits 3" off the ground to give me a bit of clearance on the ice and snow getting to the track. I think it turned out quite well. I'm going to buff some of the scratches out of it....I just wanted to get it on to see the fitment. I cut it down on the sides to match the contours of the bellypan.

Attachments

• DSCN0239.jpg
    DSCN0239.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0241.jpg
    DSCN0241.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 55
Here's the hood after being clearcoated. It really brought out the colour. We are going to be doing the wetsanding today and then buff it tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN0245.jpg
    DSCN0245.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0246.jpg
    DSCN0246.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0247.jpg
    DSCN0247.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 47
The guage cluster......
Not a great pic, but you get the picture.

Attachments

• DSCN0249.jpg
    DSCN0249.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 44
Awsome sled the pic of the track does it for me lol.I have to ask why a sx base and not the srx?Is there more room for porting ?Is there room for the picks with the large wheels on the top axle?I think if the shock control arms were adjustable you could raise and lower the skid without undoeing the spring tenshion as mutch.And it might be time to swap out those handle bars for some wider straight ones.

The SX base has alot more meat than the SRX base. You can get away with a larger stroke. With an SRX base, you're limited to a 70mm, and even that's pushing it.

There's still alot of room for the picks. The wheels on the top axel are only 7", which is the same size as stock. The 8" wheels are on the back.

The spring tension was only fully removed while i was setting up the suspension for level. It has been adjusted now.

As for the handlebars, I am waiting for my 2" riser to come in and my straight bars. :) The bars are 28" wide, but I'm going to cut them down to either 22", or maybe even 20". I'm one step ahead of ya! Nice thinking though :)

Back