SRX 1108 Race Sled Buildup

Mine is a stroker and yes 260 could be made but everything would have to be perfect and a different ignition would have to be used.

Thanks pro. I appreciate it.

Now here's a question for ya since it's something I have never attempted or looked into. Can I fit a larger recoil on that SX base? It's quite the nightmare to pull over, and would ease things quite a bit on the cold days.

get one of the crasnk start's ,lol.Like the drag bike use the race karts.
I know aguynthat has one he puts it on his primary clutch boldt and presses the button and it fires

funny. Will no other recoils bolt up to the SX bottom end? Such as an SRX or viper (if they are even bigger to begin with?)

Gees that is an awesome sled, you`ve done an awesome job.The SRX hoods are so sexy. The nicest two stroke hood made by Yamaha if you ask me.

Hope it will run good.

Well, all the coolant fittings came in yesterday, they're all anodized blue, and every piece is anodized a different colour. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, and sent it all back. It'll be a few more weeks now before the beast gets fired up.

Thanks Tom.

Ok, I have removed the prostock shocks to get rid of some of the bitching of the competition, since they are not legal anyways. I was able to make do with a set of SX shocks I had, and use the SRX springs. It was a bit of a pain, but it works. I also changed the fuel tank.

The handlebars and riser finally came in. I cut down the bars to 22" ( I still might go to 20" ), and polished them up nicely. Of course I had to run into an issue. With the 2" riser, my brake lever won't clear the hood to open or close it. I think I'm going to have to go with a Wilwood since the Yamaha one sticks out too far.

Here's the pics of the front shocks and gas tank.

Attachments

• DSCN0297.jpg
    DSCN0297.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0301.jpg
    DSCN0301.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 39
The bars and riser.

Attachments

• DSCN0298.jpg
    DSCN0298.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0299.jpg
    DSCN0299.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0300.jpg
    DSCN0300.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 66
Argh....the Wilwood won't fit eihter. I have no room to work with. It looks like my only option is to untighten the bolts and spin the lever everytime I need to open the hood, which will be a pain in the ***. I can't come up with any other solution.

My first thought was to take the locking nut out of the adjuster but it hits on the fluid box no?Can you grind or shim the risers to bring the bars back?

VERY nice sled Valin!

Danger Dog said:
Reimond I had Mark build me a 1000 srx and it made 245hp. With some different pipes I could probably get into the low 250's. Mark fitted the pipes and hacked them pretty bad. I think 260 is pushing it for a 1000.

Reidmonds working on a 65mm stroke Polaris base. Polaris / Price setup back six or seven years ago you could make 260 with 48mm carbs and "okay" pipes. Now carbs, pipes and port specs have improved.

Here are some closer pictures of my issue. I could trim off the tabs that stick out on the hood near the handlebars to make it clear, but I really do not want to trim the hood. I can turn the handlebars just slightly, but not enough because then the throttleblock hits the damn other side. I can't cut or modify the riser because of the angle that it mounts. I could build it back further by adding a spacer in there, but I don't think it will look good.

Attachments

• DSCN0302b.jpg
    DSCN0302b.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0303b.jpg
    DSCN0303b.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0304b.jpg
    DSCN0304b.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0305b.jpg
    DSCN0305b.jpg