Found my kids a sweet sled....95 Phazer II

Rev*Baron

VIP Member
One of those awesome finds. 132 original miles Phazer II with elec. start and a cover that still looks new. Stored indoors with the skis and track off the ground....started right up.

I'm now looking for plastic skis (what mounts work)?

Also need a skid plate, rail extensions and tunnel extension to make it into a 136" if anyone has some tips that would be great.

We even got 8" of snow yesterday to test it out. Christmas in April!

Attachments

• 1995 Phazer II.jpg
    1995 Phazer II.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 32

My 8 year old is riding a 92 Phazer II LE with a Bender single can pipe, he thinks I should long track it for him to go out west.

I see that Yamaha made a 136" Mtn Phazer. Might just order the factory rail ext. and tunnel ext from them if it's still available.

Does anyone know if the Venture had a 136" skid?

"Does anyone know if the Venture had a 136" skid?" The 2 up Venture TR had a 136" track with cargo rack and the standard 2 up had a nicer seat, rear handwarmers with a 121" track.

I'm confused. The stock track was/is a 116" right? So was the mountain phazer just a 121" or was it a 136"? So a Venture TR rails would be the ticket then?

thanks, Chuck

I've got a '94(red) just like yours there that my daughter rides,she loves it
nice and light for her...great machines,never leave ya walking..

A 96 mountain lite looks like this.
Picture110306135.jpg
and the extended skid looks like this one on my 90 Phazer 2
Picture110306182.jpg
You might want to try ebay someone has to be parting one out. I thought I had my 96 sold but the rings were froze up so it needs a top end job. It still ran just made noises.

"venture has 136" Wrong...... The Phazer styled chassis on the 1991-96 Standard Venture was 121" ! Yes, the 1997 up Pro-Action Plus chassis Venture had a 136".

OK. Those 136" rail extensions look pretty easy to make so I might just make my own.

What drivers do you use for a 1.25" track? Can I get 8 tooth extroverts to fit?

Not sure but I wouldnt think that you would need to change the drivers for a 1.250 track.

I put a 1" camo on my wifes 93 Phazer2 last year & there was lots of clearence by the drivers. Hmmmmmmm????????

No heat exchangers to worry about so I would get up in the driver area & measure current clearence's. Just my thoughts here.

Good luck. These Phazers are dependable awesome sleds, have had 6 of them over the last 20+ years & never had a major problem with any of them!!
Just a bit light on HP if your a big guy.

Rob

nice

About longtracking your Phazer....It makes them sweet boondocking sleds, superlight and turns nice through the trees. The Phazer II ST's had a 136" from the factory, I think actually just factory extentions. If you want something that play's very well in the pow then drop to 7 tooth drivers and throw a 1.5" track under there. The reduced gearing affect of the 7 tooth drivers will spin the heavier track. No chaincase gearing changes necessary. You defintely lose some top end but then again it's a 485 fan, who you gonna line up against. Piping the phazer's are a great first step in performance, I think the Aaen pipes give them a nice snap and work well turning the bigger track. One of the best things also to do is to ditch the ski's and go to plastic ones, no need to pay big bucks for new fancy ones, just find some takeoff's and make it work. I have the cat parabolic skis on mine and turning (especially for a kid) is much easier. You just have to do some trimming to the rubber bumper under the pogo. Hope it helps, sorry for the novel!!

Back