Project SRX has begun

heelclicker engagement rpm question

got everything back on the SRX.Ran the motor last weekend,got the track spinning and checked things out.Noticed my engagement with the sled lifted up or even on the ground when I launch it was about 4500 rpm.This is with the 2.3 g. bolt in heel,3-.5g washers and .5 g lockwasher.This equals to 4.3 g total in heel.Need to get the engagement down to 4000 rpm according to mrviper's posting on this.He was saying to use 5-6 washers plus the lockwasher.This would then give me 5.3 to 5.8 grams in the heel then.If the engagement rpm is at 4000,then clutch will really clamp the belt and she will launch like a rocket when I pin it.Can't do anything with the tip weight until there is a good layer of snow on the ground.
I did i burnout in my garage already,can re set engagement and do another launch.Will have 2 black strips on my garage floor then.Then there is the other side of the garage to put more burnout marks on the floor.LOL

Just about got her!!!

:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow SRX Saga continues.Got the seat and rear bumper cover back on.Gave the sled another wax job.Remember in my last thread my engagement rpm was about 4500.That is a little high,so I put 2 more .5 gram washers in the heel bolt.Still not quite where I want it,but the engagement has now dropped to about 4200 rpm.Now I have long bolt in heel with 5 flat washers and the lock washer.This equals about 5.3 grams in the heel.Got no more .5 or small washers in the kit,but if I add 1 more to the heel and give it 5.8 grams to 6 grams total,my engagement should be close to 4000 rpm.Have to go and pic up some small diameter washers this week I guess.Otherwise I am ready for the snow and some SERIOUS testing with the Heelclickers.
By the way I have my secondary wrapped at 80,maybe I should wrap it to 70 as a starting point.BOY am I TEMPTED to take this thing out on the grass for a run.

:rofl: :rofl: SX700triple,will you be the one to come and patch my grass,because If I decide to pin it on my lawn...there will be no grass left to cut after.I will dig trenches all over the yard.I have a 5 acre lot...so that would be some job for you to patch up for me.LOL:rofl: :rofl:

it's final!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I have to do now is add more fuel to the tank and she is all ready to ride.Spent some time today adjusting the power valves to specs.Checked the track and it is tracking true.Oh yeah,there is one more thing I could do and that is re-aim the headligt,but will do that when the snow is on the ground and I can drive around to a wall on a building to adjust the headlight.
Now I will bring the 600SXR to the garage,wash it and do maintenance on it and check it over good.It is Finally done..the SRX.Need some serious riding time now.
:winterrul :letitsnow :letitsnow

clutch engagement again

added one more washer to the heel.Got long bolt with 6 washers and 1 lock washer.The best that I can get from this is about 4100ish rpm at engagement.That will have to do.Was trying for 4000 rpm.Close enough I thinks.Could swap out some of those .5g washers with 1g washers because there is not much more room to keep adding .5g wsshers.

Yah I'll come patch her up for ya! lol. Better yet...how about you come down to my house and rip up my yard so I can see it in person lol.

I should go down there.My stepson is going to college in Wisconsin,could go tear up the lawn at the college,then jump off the sled and go in to say hi to him.He is there for 2 years.
Weather here is changing for the worst.Hi North winds blowing now,looks like snow clouds out there.Thursday going down to -1 C.Could be a little snow.There are a few flurries up north of us .Just wishing hard for it.

Season's are always changing.We are into a weather system that is bringing cold air down from the North.Still if we are lucky..could see our first real snow at the end of October.But that could change.They predict a mild winter for us this year which could mean alot of snow.I don't have faith in the weather man anyways.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!where is the damn snow?????

Getting sick and tired of looking at the beast in the garage.It needs snow,it wants to run free.This winter season is starting to tick me off a bit.Gonna have to move up north more.Seems like riding season's keep getting shorter and shorter.Long range forecast doesn't show much happening in the near future.Only thing I did today was replace the buttons on the secondary and put on my belt change tool I purchased from Rich.Added water eliminator kit to both sleds also.Like to see how that works.It sits on the bottom of the gas tank and pick up water from the fuel and when it is full(?) ,you toss it and get another.Supposed to save you from always adding gas line antifreeze all the time,but still will always add a little.Anyone else tried it?

oh yeah almost forgot.Last week I replaced the stock carbides on my Simmon's ski's with new 6"-60 degree carbides.They are really a big difference compared to the 4"-120 degree ones.Should really bite good.
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow #$%&*

Originally there was one that was just starting to pull thru,so I just picked up 2 used ones and have 1 spare one to boot.Also got 2 used cables also and 1 spare one to boot.Otherwise doesn't seem to be an issue.I keep the valves clean and adjusted.I have been running Blue Marble oil without a problem also.Still have 5 jugs of it left and both sleds are half full with it.I may switch to Amsoil Intercepter later when I run out,but it is expensive out here.Nearly $11/quart.If I order from Royal Distrib. in bulk,I will get a better price per quart.

Last edited:
And they were all pulled thru eh!!!I had 2799 miles on mine,so I was lucky I guess.Tommorrow I will take the SRX for a spin for sure.It is snowing out right now and supposed to snow into Monday.WOW!!!!I wanna take some video of the beast doing 100mph plus this year,if I can only figure how to set it up.Got a new digital camera and I can tape up to 22 minutes on it with sound.Will mount it on a tri-pod in the field next door and do speed runs on it.IT"S SNOWING DAMAN>CAN YOU BELIEVE IT..YIPEE!!!!!I'm happy NOW!!
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

rear wheel

Now that snow is here,ran the SXR at least fifty miles.Got a fast idle problem,so carbs are off the sled now and will adjust the fuel screws.Will check to see if choke is opening all the way also since it is out.Carbs were all cleaned 3 weeks ago.Doing some changes on my clutches with the HC's,should pretty well be a done deal with them.Got sled defrosting in heated garage.Checking everything out on it and tonight seen something strange hanging down beside the rear wheels between the 3rd and right side wheel.Looked closer and it was the rubber off the 2nd wheel that jumped over there.Hardly any miles and the rubber comes off the new wheels already.Got he same ones on the SXR and they are still intact into 2 seasons.So I had to back off the axle and remove that wheel and rubber,which is not damaged.Looks like it wasn't glued properly or whatever to the aluminum wheel.Mixed a batch of epoxy and bonded the damn rubber back on the wheel.For full cure it states 16 hours.Should be good mid morning tommorrow to install it back on.If it doesn't hold,I,ll have to get another and try to get a replacement for free(warranty).
Anyways going to put and clutch back on the sled and re-install my carbs and check everything one more time.Need to ride this sled tommorrow for sure.Always something that needs repairs,but at least small potatoes compared to other problems some have.Could of ridden with 3 rear wheels intact anyways,but got time to fix tonight.

Back