Lets see how mechanically inclined we are

480 and passing,

btw: I think that one of the questions does not have the right answer listed. When calculating a first-class lever the effort arm and the resistance arm are measured to the center of the weight or force. Not the inside edge or outside edge.

Almost all of it is basic physics and electrical stuff. Very little is actually specific to automotive, and none of it was hydraulic.

Wow, take it again and you get 100%, imagine that. It appears that there is only one set of questions.

Actually I wanted to see what they gave as the right answers for the 2 that I missed earlier.

I simply goofed on question 17, but am convinced that the answer for question 31 should actually be 60kg.

Some of you physics experts chime in. I perceive that this is a simple first-class lever, and that the center of the effort and resistance should be used to calculate. The test uses the outside edge instead.

Yes, I agree the answer to #31 should have been 60kg. Center of mass of box A is 1 unit from the fulcrum, center of mass of box B is 5 units. 300/5 = 60kg.

Got a 92 but didn't spend much time on it. It did make me think though as I havn't had to answer those kind of basic questions in many years.

What do you guys think about #48? Isn't there a suction being made by the piston? how could enough air get the cyl fast enough if there was no suction? can some one explain?

Silver

silversnow said:
What do you guys think about #48? Isn't there a suction being made by the piston? how could enough air get the cyl fast enough if there was no suction? can some one explain?

Silver
I think their thinking is that the motor is "naturally aspirated" and not turbocharged or supercharged, technically the piston is making a low pressure area and the air is being forced in by the higher "positive" atmospheric pressure or "outside" air, but I myself would like to think of it as the piston is sucking in the air. T

410=82% I BLEW through it in about 5 minutes cause i had to go to work... I could have probably thought about it for a minute and done better,,,but,,,,,

nosboy said:
410=82% I BLEW through it in about 5 minutes cause i had to go to work... I could have probably thought about it for a minute and done better,,,but,,,,,

tssk tssk tssk, i expected more from you nosboy!!! :cry:

82%, same as NOSBOY. I guess I'm in good company!
Have I told you what I think of yamalube!!!! haha

Well I got 88%

Messed up the one gearing question (overdrive), The ugly pulley question (hated those in school), got fooled by the fan one (knew the right answer just had a brain fart), still thinking about the tube one (?), should be higher line pressure at point B I'm thinking.

I think the balloon question is misleading, are we taking in a vacuum?? But I know where they were going with it (same volume of gas smaller surface area). Pressure inside the baloon maybe?

And the piston one got me (I almost picked the atmospheric pressure answer). Pressure differential.

Of course having owned a Ford Aerostar (1987), Ford has obviously raised the passing grade significantly. It must have been 20% back in the 80s!!

Not bad for an Electrical Engineer who's pushing close to 50!! (not yet).

Back