Fitch Fuel Catalyst: Fact or Fiction???

I have used the fitch fuel catylist for a few years . the last time i had to clean my carbs was the first time i used stabil. i have a 03 viper with 6000 mi. the fitch was installed after thefirst summer of using stabil. i cant say that milage or power has improved but i truly believe that it keeps gas from going bad. not a single issue with carbs or gas related problems. this year alone i have cleaned the carbs on three sleds that wouldnt run correctly that dont have the fitch in them . two of them do now though. drop it in and forget about your gas problems, it doesnt get any simpler than that fellas.

Hmmm. I don't see NosBoy on the members list anymore. I guess he crossed the line one too many times.

Bottom line: It's okay to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone else's opinions are wrong!!!!

I can tell you that I have been WARNED and WARNED about adding my .02 on products... I have talked about FITCH a BUNCH of times and I do recommend the idea. I have written on how you could accomplish the same effect using DIFFERENT PRODUCTS,, but,, I would need a MODERATORS APPROVAL to discuss it further.. i would be HAPPY to TALK ABOUT IT because it is a REVOLUTIONARY IDEA,,, but,,, like I said before,,, NEEDS FURTHER APPROVAL!!!! Gary Oles nosboy

I LOVE you guys and I ALWAYS try to help,, but MY HELPING actually hurts others because I dont act correctly (never have,,, probably never will),, but I would like to takl about Rhinelander and eagle river trails this past weekend.. THE BEST and NICEST trails in the last TEN YEARS!!!! i put 240 miles and had a BLAST doing it!!!!!

Bottom line: It's okay to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone else's opinions are wrong!!!![/QUOTE]

Amen, ;)

I remember reading an article in an auto magazine awhile back (don't remember which one) that discussed all the bolt-on milage improvements on the market. From magnets attached to fuel lines to a vortex cone for the intake. They stated that if all the tested devices were used simultaneously, then the car would actually MAKE gas. I wonder if we could test that theory on the Fitch.

nosboy said:
I LOVE you guys and I ALWAYS try to help,, but MY HELPING actually hurts others because I dont act correctly (never have,,, probably never will),

Do not pm me on this anyone can talk to Gary if they want and as far as moderator approval talk at free will. Garys problem is he cant just express his opionion he has to POUND IT into you HEAD over and OVER...

And when he has user or sponsors on the fence or that have rubbed him the wrong way he beats them to DEATH so he can get his WAY.

This will be my last words with you and about your posts.... after this its over so STOP dragging me OR any one ELSE into your deep dark hole and be a normal level head human being and follow the rules....LAST CHAnce!!

Tom,

I'm just giving Gary a chance to express his scientific opinion in a professional manner (privately). I've seen many of his posts and I understand what you have had to deal with. Unfortunate for sure.

I'm hoping he'll take this opportunity to have a nice scientific discussion and present his views in a logical, concise, & professional manner. If he can't that will be his loss.

Keep up the good work Tom.

Len

I spent about 20 minutes typing something I couldn't even understand by the time I got 3/4 of the way through!!! YES,,, fitch fuel catalyst WORKS WELL!!! if you are looking to save a few dollars and NOT HAVE a pretty plastic cage to house your fitch,,, you could go to the OUTBOARD motor dealer and ask for a SACRIFICIAL ANODE that is probably bolted right to the tailshaft of 99% of outboard motors... (there's your hint)..Just as a anode protects your outboard motor,,,, the fitch will protect your snowmobile motor.. Its a LOT more complicated than that, but it has to do with dissimilar metals and OXIDATION!!!! Just as HAIR CONDITIONER changes the Ph balance of your hair,, fitch changes the "Ph" balance of your fuel.....(thats an easier way to explain it.. If I explained it like I started to,,, it would lose 99% of you guys ( ME INCLUDED!!!)

.....but it has to do with dissimilar metals and OXIDATION!!!!.....

Isn't that how I explained in my post? - the dissimilar metals make oxygen molecules attach themselves to the fuel molecules - just keep in mind, it has no effect on the negative aspects of ethanol!!

I didn't even read your post yammiman!! yes,,, you are somewhat correct in your theory, but the dissimiliar metals is only an EXAMPLE... It has to do with the " ELECTRICITY" of the chemical composition.. amd YES,,, ALCOHOLS absolutely DESTROY the whole theory!!!! Its been 25 years since I've hit the school books and I DO NOT do anything even remotely close (construction machinist) for a living, so, I MAY BE A BIT OXIDIZED myself (rusty).... YOU CAN PURCHASE FUEL without the 10% alcohol in it!! I would HIGHLY recommend if you have room for a 55 gallon drum (remember to KEEP IT OFF THE FLOOR) (I'll explain later) to go to vp fuels or ROCKETT brand or TORCO or CAM 2 and purchase yourself a 55 gallon drum of something equavelent to 100 LOW LEAD (100LL) or you could even go to a SMALL AIRPORT and purchase 100LOWLEAD from the airport itself.. THEY CAN and probably WILL sell it to you.. I've bought 100ll a BUNCH of times at MIDWAY airport in Chicago!!! (although not lately)

nosboy - I know there is more to the equation than I outlined, but I was trying to keep it in "layman" terms for the sake of understanding - race fuel is exactly the course I have taken - however, there is going to come a day when you won't be able to purchase unleaded race fuel without ethanol or any other fuel for that matter - leaded race fuel does not produce the same power as unleaded race fuels because lead is a detonation control additive that is not a combustible element - once we cannot purchase race fuel without ethanol, then what? - I currently go to Ohio to buy my fuel because it is still available without ethanol - just a matter of time and that will end - bottom line is the Fitch device will add some power and MPG, but will not be effective for long term storage of ethanol laced fuels!! - for the record, I think you are a very knowledgable guy that needs to stay off the stimulants!!! LOL ;)!

Back