Exciter 570 Gods unite.. i need your help

Exciter SX with Digitron

Hey man, I just use Velcro, it works great, you can put it on and take it off at your leasure. Works way better than the bracket that I used before but I may be installing 8" risers if I can get my new heated grips off???

I will try and get the flat slides dialed! Exciter needles and try the Vmax slides???

1993 SX with dual PSI pipes, ceramic & wrapped.

Just finished the ceramic coat and exhaust wrap on my pipe's. Gonna see if I have the jetting right today on the SX. Will have to try and get the 1991 carbs dialed then. Actually I just finished pulling apart a set of flat slides from a Vmax, gonna try and put my round slide needles and nozzels in.

Attachments

• Ceramic coat-1.JPG
    Ceramic coat-1.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 4
  • Exciter SX PSI duals-2.JPG
    Exciter SX PSI duals-2.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 8
  • Exciter SX PSI duals-1.JPG
    Exciter SX PSI duals-1.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Exciter SX PSI duals wrapped-2.JPG
    Exciter SX PSI duals wrapped-2.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Exciter SX PSI duals wrapped-1.JPG
    Exciter SX PSI duals wrapped-1.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 2
I just used the same VHT Ceramic paint on my sled to. How much more power do you think you get out of the pipe wrap? Is it a noticable gain?

Lot's O power on the SX

I don't know how much power I gained but I need to gear up again.

The SX make's about 10-15% more power than the other Exciter's due to the factory porting, CDI, Shorter Intake boots, ETC. I never tried the machine with the ceramic coat only but it rips with the wrap. I am running a Digitron CPU to track RPM, dual EGT's and ECT. Before the Ceramic Coat and Exhaust wrap the max EGT's were 650 F. Now I am 1250 or so.

Here's my set up;

9 tooth drivers (4 of em). 136" X 1.25" Ripsaw.
17 X 33 gearing, will go back to 19 X 33.
Dual PSI pipes, coated and wrapped.
SX flat slides with 52.5 pilot, stock needle and nozzel, 3rd position on the needle, 152 MJ, 3 turns on the fuel screw.
Mountain Max clutches with Exciter springs. Pink primary, pink secondary?

Pulling 8400 rpm @ 90 mph track speed. Forgot the gps.

I am going up one jet size maybe two.

Plug chops were a little lean but it was -25 outside.

Attachments

• Revived SX-3.JPG
    Revived SX-3.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Revived SX-2.JPG
    Revived SX-2.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 20
  • Revived SX-1.JPG
    Revived SX-1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Redneck SX-1.JPG
    Redneck SX-1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 7
  • Digitron SX-1.JPG
    Digitron SX-1.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Extension on the SX.

It is an extension, good job though! The guy that I purchased it from used to take her to the mountains. He blew the motor last winter so I purchased it from him. I stripped it down and started cleaning it up. Picked up a SX motor with 3000 miles, put a fresh hone on the jugs, one new piston and new rings. Pulling 125 psi and 122 psi for cranking compression. Jetting is still off. The Exhausts really helped but super lean on the bottom now. I will replace the pilot with 55's put 156MJ on the clutch side, 154 on the mag side. 3rd clip position feel's good though. I am running 3.5 turns and 3 turns mag side on the fuel screw, sure sign of a lean position down low. Maybe the Vmax carbs would have worked with that funky needle down low?

91 Exciter II

Did you every get your 91 Exciter II running right bluepsylo? My 92 Exciter II has the exact same bogging issues as your 91 has/had. I too put a Bender single on her and the only jetting change I made was going to 320 mains rather than the stock 310 main jets. The sled ran great for 3/4 of the season. Seems like as soon as the temps reached 32 degrees F or above, the bog showed up. Any suggestions and did you get your 91 running right? If so, what did you do? Thanks!
bluepsylo said:
Just found this post, great info. Here's what I have going on, my machine is a 1993 SX. I put in fresh pistons, new seals and gaskets. I have installed a set of PSI duals with a home ceramic coat kit, still have to install the exhaust wrap and sealant. I have been working my way down slowly on the jets, started @ 160 and now down to 152.6 for the MJ, 3rd position on the nedles, carbs should be synced pretty close. I removed the oil pump and resivoir and fabricated a little blank off cover to go where the oil pump used to be. I have been running 89 octane 50:1 Amsoil synthetic premix. I am running a Digitron with dual EGT and ECT and RPM. The higest I have seen the EGT has been below 700 degrees F. I have only idled the machine since the ceramic spray paint, looks like the paint raised the EGT's by about 100 degrees so I think that with the Exhaust wrap I should be close. Plug chops prior were showing a little rich. PSI reccomended 3 jet sizes larger, book calls for 150 MJ for my elevation. I geared my machine to 17 X 33, I am running Mountain Max clutches with a 136" X 1.25" Ripsaw. So that SX should be squared away. I love that machine!

Next, I purchased a 1991 Exciter 2 with electric start for my wife, I installed a 121" X 1" Challenger track, removed the oil pump same as above. I put a Bender Racing Pipe on this one and Vmax 600 flat slides. I jetted way too lean as well and have 156 MJ in there now, gonna put 150's in. The needles have a skinny taper at the bottom. I leaned the needles as much as possible. But she as a terrible bog off of the bottom, starts great, idles great but will bog so bad that at time's she won't even move! She ran fine stock with the round slides and the stock pipe. I could just put it all back in but that is too easy. Stock clutching on that machine!

Can you guy's tell me when you say nozzel size, what is that??
I know what the MJ are, slides are, fuel screw, Pilot jet, but what are nozzels?

Next project is a 1984 Vmax, I installed a set of PSI duals on that one and my round slides from my 1991 Exciter, 121 X 1.25" RipSAw. I went one tooth down on the top gear but I have a bag full of gears to pick from. That machine has a 104 Comet as well.

So what would you guy's reccomend for settings on each of them?

Gearing, clutching, jetting. All riding will be around 700 meter's 2500 feet.

I have a kit that I found some place to fix issue's with the powerjet carbs from eary Exciters, Should I put them back on the Vmax or run em on the 1991 Exciter? Or just try and get the flat slides dialed in?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Your all wrong ....Change out the fuel filter in tank, they go bad from sitting.....been there and done it. They all do it from siiting, lucky you didn't blow it up from being too lean....comon problenn on these exciters......

I know ...I know.....hope it helps someone.....I had it happen to me and would have never though of a filter until some exciter guru told me about these sleds having this issue especially after sitting.

And to or ? about splitting the case to replace the seal Yes but it really simple it just takes a little time, not near as bad as some make it out to be just a semi-warm place to work a bench, gen. hand tools,torque wrench

Back