Buying a 4 Stroke

BenderSRX

VIP Member
Well guys i have decided on going 4 stroke , this year i was able to put on about 50kms on a Attack and loved it. My knees were not sore and when i got off of it i felt that i could drive all day and not be sore. Riding with another buddy on a RX1 evey time we filled up there would be 10 to 15 dollar difference from his and mine. I will still be keeping my ported SRX so i will be still hanging around here and the 4 stroke side.
Now for the good part, i'm buying a 2003 RX1 Turbo with a whole lot of goodies from a fellow TY'er. I will be leaving tomorrow morning and picking it up in the states, i will show you guys picks after the server upgrade this weekend and hopfully a little of vid of it in action. ;)!

Heres some some specs on the sled.

2003 RX1 Turbo (new about 10 gal of gas on it)GT28 turbo, coolant run to turbo, Parts List-Brand New dalton adj clutch weights, windage plates,sway bar links,hood scoop, belly pan vent,short wind shild,hand gards, turn downs, Roxy wide running bourds, roxy riser, Apex seat with trunk, HUGE auto light boost gage, park knock box, Zr C.C. skid,(track does not ratchet with the Cat skid)straight front spring rate, updated coils, ARP head studs, Hallmond boost controller, Brand new track 10 miles on it, geared up,reverse, blow off valve, Surprum Tool carb caps, o-ring billet aluminum Tees for carbs, Track on sled brand new 1" 6 pitch with BRAND new Woody chisels.
Wide band O2 with pcm play back.

Last edited:

Gees Don i got to try one a few weeks back and loved it, since then all i've been dreaming about is BOOOOST. I can't wait to pull the trigger again

Sweet!

gotta love the boost.

I have never ridden a turbo'd sled, but i have driven a few turbo/ SC cars, and they were always more fun than the naturally aspirated versions.

I would love to join the ranks of the 4 stroke sled crew this next year as well, but we shall see come next fall.....

Got the sled home safe and sound, arrived hom last night at 2am, it was a 12 hour ride there and 12 back, everything went smooth at the boarder and she is a rocket. I got to test it today and holly molly, the pull is unreal, the temp was about +2 the snow was spring like, if i was riding my SRX there would be barely any hook up alot of spinning type snow, and this thing was just hauling, I can't wait to try it on a hard packed trail, the gees are insane already. Everytime i took it for a blast i told myself i would pick a gage and try to see if i could read it and its hard cause your concentrating on where your going, I still need to get used to it, it sits higher than a normal RX1 with the zr suspension and the apex seat, It feels really comfortable for the trail, leg room and all. Its going to be a very long summer, i love booooost

Attachments

• DSC05174 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05174 (Medium).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05175 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05175 (Medium).JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC05176 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05176 (Medium).JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC05177 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05177 (Medium).JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC05178 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05178 (Medium).JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 36
friggin nice machine.congrats...on a good notemont tremblant park got 25cms of snow friday-saturday..went saturday morning to try the rtx se and xtx...trails still winterlike

Man i miss her all ready! So gald you got home safe! Have fun with her and be SAFE!! It is sick fast!!

Skydog/ Matt

That's one bad*#s sounding sled...Like the color scheme as well...make for a long summer don't it...patience young grasshopper, snow will be hear soon again...If you get a chance to post some close ups & a little write up of all the goodies on her, makes for a good read in July...Cheers :lol:

I know what you mean Skydog It is really sick fast, that must have been one of the hardest things you have done letting her go. But don't worry i will take good care of her.

TheBlues LOL i'm hunting for snow this weekend to get a few miles on it before it goes away for the summer but this week looks really warm. I'm not a yellow guy so i think i'm going to be selling the Yellow accessories and will go with Chrome or Blue, i'm not quite sure yet, after yesterday just spending time in the garage the Yellow started to look good to me, but my suit is blue so i might just buy a new suit, then i have 1 for the SRX and 1 when i ride the RX1. I will do a right up of all the goodies with the Help of SkyDog he is fellow TY member on the 4 stroke side who built this rocket.

BenderSRX said:
TheBlues LOL i'm hunting for snow this weekend to get a few miles on it before it goes away for the summer but this week looks really warm. I'm not a yellow guy so i think i'm going to be selling the Yellow accessories and will go with Chrome or Blue, i'm not quite sure yet, after yesterday just spending time in the garage the Yellow started to look good to me, but my suit is blue so i might just buy a new suit, then i have 1 for the SRX and 1 when i ride the RX1. I will do a right up of all the goodies with the Help of SkyDog he is fellow TY member on the 4 stroke side who built this rocket.
Keep us posted...

OK, no bashing... zippity do da day. Shit that thing takes off. Can't wait until I get to ride it next year. You will let me ride it, right? I know where you live, lol... Have you tried removing the skis to save weight. I can't believe they would actually touch the ground, so what is the point?

YamerDown said:
OK, no bashing... zippity do da day. Shit that thing takes off. Can't wait until I get to ride it next year. You will let me ride it, right? I know where you live, lol... Have you tried removing the skis to save weight. I can't believe they would actually touch the ground, so what is the point?

I'll let you pull the trigger next year. LOL. I don't know what you mean by the " Have you tried removing the skis to save weight. I can't believe they would actually touch the ground, so what is the point?"

Iz JK
meant the way that thing takes off the skis must always be in the air, lol. So you could take them off and save weight. :D

Back