99 sx transformation

As you can see from the above pics the paint on my seat did not hold up that well so I will need to redo it or find a better way to keep it black.

Also an update with the M-10, I got some dimensions over on HCS and I'm going to try those out and see how they work.

Now I'm also not sure if I should go 136" or 144" with tipped up rails. I do a lot of trail riding but I love to play in the powder (not a lot in ontario though). I also have the expense of buying a new 144" track, Probably close to $900 in canada. Still undecided.

What did you use to clean out the engine compartment and all the motor parts... looks crazy clean. Im in the process of doing mine. How did you get in all the little holes? also did you replace the heat shields ? under the muffler/can and in the belly at the front ?

I used Gunk brand original engine degreaser. That stuff works great, I just applied it and took a paint brush and scrubbed down everything and then washed it off. It does a really good job.

WHere do you pick that up ? like Canadian tire ? or does it have to be a auto body or mechanic store?

Well made a bit more progress, got the M-10 inside the track and lined up the front arm in the stock location. Looks like that's going to be perfect.

IMG_1710.jpg

Also removed the footrests from the crashed sled, here is what they will sort of look like except I will cut off the large top part

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

Got the M-10 mounting holes drilled and temporarily installed it. Everything seems to function as it should. I will do a step by step write up once I get some more pics, it wasn't that hard to do.

Here are some pics of it installed, does the ride height look correct? Track is a bit loose, don't think the tensioner will take that up lol.

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

I have moved on to the engine now, got my boost bottle installed. I wonder if the power gain comes from the larger more direct intake boots as well as the bottle. I had them side by side and the new intake boots are quite a bit larger. Here is a pic:

IMG_1720.jpg

nice build and clean sled... you will love the ride on the M10, sorry about not getting the photo up of my M10 install on the other thread but did so tonight, you can see where the arm is located a touch further up in the tunnel than with the dimensions from the viper info....maybe due to mine being a sx vs. sxr/viper which is longer travel...... :2strokes:

Thanks, no worries about the dimensions. I think I got mine in alright. It seems to sit nice, I'll just have to wait for snow to test it.

Well I was looking at my seat for a while trying to decide what to do with it. I was thinking I could just paint it again to cover the spots that rubbed off, but I wasn't happy with the finish.

So I started ripping the old cover off and separated the orange side pieces from the black ones. Then I traced them out onto my original seat cover and came up with this
It's not done yet, still have to add in the second row of stitches and then staple it to the seat. What do you guys think?

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04805.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

Well my project has been put on hold for a while. The parts I ordered from tracksusa are on back order and have been since may. I'm hoping they arrive soon so I can get some work done before I go to school.

Finally my parts arrived last week. I am now working like crazy to get things done before school gets going. I will update with some pics shortly.

still waiting on my 8 tooth anti-ratchet drivers from tracks canada, there was a mixup and they sent me 9's instead. I hope they will be here before the snow flies :o|

Back