2000 SRX summer build

Well, got alot done today and some good news. First off my pistons should be in by fryday. So I worked all day cleaning the remainder of the parts. I polished the clutch guard and added my stickers (still have a couple more to put on). The most time consuming part was the chaincase and the brakes. That damn parking brake is a bitch, but I think I got it all together and adjusted right. Take a look and let me know guys.

008-5.jpg

007-7.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-1.jpg

Ok this is where I stand.
-Chaincase put together
-Finial drive put togetther
-Track on and lugs clipped
-Front sus. put together and all lined up and set
-Rear suspension put in but I'm having issues W/ the set up. ( I posted my problem in the Tech area under suspension set up ideas are appreciated.)
-Pistons came in yesterday so I might be getting the engine today!!!

Here's som pics

001-11.jpg

002-14.jpg

Ok, got some more done.

-The suspension issues I belive will be solved soon. I just shipped the shock back to Carver.

-I went threw the carbs to find out what I had and cleaned them.
Settings acrost the board were the same 152.5 mains, 42.5 pilots and tube ID was 6.1

-Put the chain back on the chaincase.

Some questions

-First I noticed that the chain needs to checked for tollerance. I noticed only 15/16th sticks out on the outside of the adjuster srew. How do I check this?

003-13.jpg

-Next I know you guys run the PTO side carb on a 2000 a little fat but do you usually run all the other jets so big? (is the bender can, V force 3s, and clutching the reason why all the jets are all so big)

Well it feels like I went backwards today. I did get the engine back today. First I removed the rear suspension because I got a ohlins shock for the center now plus I have to put the rear back in when I get it back from carver. Then I spent 3 hours getting the recoil back together. I never want to have to ever do that again. My hands are all banged up, I probly threw 15 or so wrenches, and I probbly said every bad word possible. F that dang spring. That's as far as I got today other than getting the reeds all ready. Herse some pics after the freas rebuild.

002-15.jpg

003-14.jpg

Got alot done as you can see. All I have left is to put the exhaust, clutches, and rear suspension back in. I'm still waiting for my rear shocks to come back from Carver and the outter sheave to come in for the primary to finish installing everything. Once that is done just firing it up for the first time and adjusting everything. We have alot of snow for this time of year so I'm bummed I'm not riding yet. But soon enough.

001-13.jpg

002-16.jpg

003-15.jpg

004-11.jpg

Ok, just got back from up north for the new year. My shocks had arrived while I was gone from Carver. Got the suspension all put back together and will be adjusting tomorrow. On tuesday The sled goes in to Lakes for all the finial adjustments and tunning to make sure I got it all right. So I should hopefully be all ready to go by the end of the week. Unfortunatly all that snow up north we had melted over the weekend and now We need some snow to go riding.

Ok, just got it back on sunday. I took it out for a 25 mile break in ride on sunday, and another 25 mile ride on monday. So far it has ran perfect. I haven't got much time to test in the tight stuff yet but so far handling wise it feels spot on. Just need a little more transfer for the hole shot (tighten up limiter straps 1/4in and adjust the transfer rods up 1 line). The clutching is off of course but not bad. My engagement is at 4500 and the secondary isn't droping down on final shift out max RPM 7900. I need a lighter spring in the secondary. It has a 47/43 bender helix and a white yammie spring. I'm changing it out for a 50/36 bender helix and a green yammi spring at a 70 deg wrap per all the reading on the site. I will be tunning in the heel clickers to that setup. On monday I was able to get up to 100mph. It snowing right now I hoping my unkle in-law wants to go for a ride after he get out of work as he knows how to get to some tight and twisty trails down state. Ohh ya This thing just eats fuel.

I am thinking about doing the same on my 2000 SRX. How much do you have invested so far? How many many hours as well?

00SRXWHERRY said:
Ok, just got it back on sunday. I took it out for a 25 mile break in ride on sunday, and another 25 mile ride on monday. So far it has ran perfect. I haven't got much time to test in the tight stuff yet but so far handling wise it feels spot on. Just need a little more transfer for the hole shot (tighten up limiter straps 1/4in and adjust the transfer rods up 1 line). The clutching is off of course but not bad. My engagement is at 4500 and the secondary isn't droping down on final shift out max RPM 7900. I need a lighter spring in the secondary. It has a 47/43 bender helix and a white yammie spring. I'm changing it out for a 50/36 bender helix and a green yammi spring at a 70 deg wrap per all the reading on the site. I will be tunning in the heel clickers to that setup. On monday I was able to get up to 100mph. It snowing right now I hoping my unkle in-law wants to go for a ride after he get out of work as he knows how to get to some tight and twisty trails down state. Ohh ya This thing just eats fuel.
You get your clutching dialed in and I imagine your fuel economy will improve quite a bit.I've always been told those actually do fairly good for economy??

Should be getting about 12 miles per gallon unless your spinning plus 7000rpm all the time.........

Ya, my economy should improve once I get my clutching dialed in. I am spinning alot. As far as rpm W/ stock pipes I thought 4000 engagement and max 8500RPM.

00SRXWHERRY said:
Ya, my economy should improve once I get my clutching dialed in. I am spinning alot. As far as rpm W/ stock pipes I thought 4000 engagement and max 8500RPM.

Correct for that machine.

Back