Oil Question

jesseSRX

I recently bought an 01 SRX and it came with 2 gallons of yamalube and 2 gallons of Amsoil. Can these oils be mixed together? or should I stick with one and disgard the other?

Jesse

i don't think you'll have a problem mixing them, if ur concerned you can just run one till its gone then go to the next, is the amsoil the interceptor that has the power valve cleaners the red stuff doesn't i dont believe

jesseSRX said:
Yes, It is the Interceptor oil.

Ya I wouldn't mix those two, wait until one oil is done and then switch to the other.
I run Amsoil Interceptor in my SRX and my Power Valves have never been a problem.

Ther is no problem mixing the oils. The only thing is you will lose the benefit of using the full synthetic Amsoil. It is a good idea to run the Yamalube until it runs out or close to running out then switch to the Amsoil.

Last edited:
sleddheadd said:
Ther is no problem mixing the oils. The only thing is you will lose the benefit of using the full synthetic Amsoil. It is a good idea to run the Yamalube until it runs out or close to running out then switch to the Amsoil and when you need to order more Amsoil go to www.ssoiltech.com and have it delivered to your door!

I think it's a BAD IDEA to recommend ANYONE running YAMALUBE in ANYTHING... PERIOD..... But,,,, WHat do I know about oil????

nosboy said:
I think it's a BAD IDEA to recommend ANYONE running YAMALUBE in ANYTHING... PERIOD..... But,,,, WHat do I know about oil????
He asked if he could mix the oils. I answered his question. It will not hurt Anything to mix the oils.

GARY>>>>>I run Amsoil intercepter in my SRX and Blue Marble in my SXR.The SXR basically starts in 1 to 2 pulls always.I only have a gallon and a half of BM left.When I run out ,should I use up the 2 gallons of Yamalube that I have sitting around or just use the Shell Advantage Ultra that I have sitting here also.I'll run the Yamalube in my 76 Artic Cat Pantera then..since I don't use it much,it's just a vintage sled and I run it just to keep things moving once in a while.

bluemonster1 said:
GARY>>>>>I run Amsoil intercepter in my SRX and Blue Marble in my SXR.The SXR basically starts in 1 to 2 pulls always.I only have a gallon and a half of BM left.When I run out ,should I use up the 2 gallons of Yamalube that I have sitting around or just use the Shell Advantage Ultra that I have sitting here also.I'll run the Yamalube in my 76 Artic Cat Pantera then..since I don't use it much,it's just a vintage sled and I run it just to keep things moving once in a while.
.. Just MIX IT ALL TOGETHER and stir it up REALLY GOOD and use it in ALL YOUR SLEDS!!!

jesseSRX said:
I recently bought an 01 SRX and it came with 2 gallons of yamalube and 2 gallons of Amsoil. Can these oils be mixed together? or should I stick with one and disgard the other?

Jesse
I say STICK WITH ONE and disgard the other!!!

sleddheadd said:
Ther is no problem mixing the oils. The only thing is you will lose the benefit of using the full synthetic Amsoil. It is a good idea to run the Yamalube until it runs out or close to running out then switch to the Amsoil.
^^I agree 100%,

run the yamalube down low then dump the Ams in and ride,your engine will not blow up i repeat it will not blow up.

bluemonster1 said:
a cocktail of oil...sounds great.I'll give it a try....If it works great.,I'll patent it as Bluemonster Oil.You make me cry!!!!!! :o| ;)!
GOOD STUFF!!!! I'm SURE CITGO does that already with their base stocks to achieve YAMALUBE!!!!

daman said:
^^I agree 100%,

run the yamalube down low then dump the Ams in and ride,your engine will not blow up i repeat it will not blow up.

But wont those ingredients react to each other in such a way as to cause a timed, planned spontaneous combustion 27.3 miles down the trail exactly, blowing your motor to complete smithereens?

Mike
;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

mntvipermn said:
But wont those ingredients react to each other in such a way as to cause a timed, planned spontaneous combustion 27.3 miles down the trail exactly, blowing your motor to complete smithereens?

Mike
;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

WHY YES!!!! What do you think wearing a HELMET is for?????

mntvipermn said:

Mike
;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!
Wrong Mike...27.4 miles down the road, hehehe ;)!

i guess they hate klotz and amsoil in quebec seem no place to order them lolll

:bump: :ban: :bash:

Last edited:
modsrx said:
i guess they hate klotz and amsoil in quebec seem no place to order them lolll

:bump: :ban: :bash:

Royal sells Amsoil + so does Canadian tire...tuff to find Klotz, I always pick up a couple cases of Klotz when I go to Duluth Mn. Trouble is when my buddies are over they keep raiding my Techniplate out of my shop!! LOL! At least they usually ask for the beer!

800vmax4 said:
Royal sells Amsoil + so does Canadian tire...tuff to find Klotz, I always pick up a couple cases of Klotz when I go to Duluth Mn. Trouble is when my buddies are over they keep raiding my Techniplate out of my shop!! LOL! At least they usually ask for the beer!

thnx ill take a look at candian tire ................. :o|

Back