HOUGHTON MICHGAN U.P TY RIDE...please look!!

How many of you are going to be attending the December 18th Demo Rides for Saturday m

• One Rider

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Two Riders

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 3 Riders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or More

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Tom,

I was under the impression that they would let you take the sled for four or five hours. Maybe I heard wrong, but I think that would be a really cool test drive. It would allow you to get a really good feel for the machine and encounter different types of trails and conditions, rather than just taking a lap around the parking lot. It also sounded to me that there would be more sleds available than people wanting to test drive them. But I understand if there is going to be a ton of people waiting to take a turn, my idea probably wouldn't work out too well.

Yeah, we are usually still in the rack at 8:00 a.m., Especially when Fri. night is "Power Hour" in the lounge at the Ramada. 2 for 1 cocktails is pretty hard to not take full advantage of. Not to mention that the Port crew has a reputation for being the last group to leave the motel, and the last to get back home in the evening.

Last edited:

rozo_jr said:
Not to mention that the Port crew has a reputation for being the last group to leave the motel, and the last to get back home in the evening.
I certainly don't know how that reputation ever got established and I also never had sex with that woman.
;):D

rozo_jr, if that was the case we would need several days of demo riding to let TY users try the sleds they want....I dont know all of the details of exact length of the ride that will be available but I am sure it depends on the number of TY/RX forum users that come to the demo. Besides all I want to do is take a quick blast on the demos and get to the trail riding with Steve, Gina and all the great people from the site ;)!

Ill keep the snow dance going over the next week or so and see what happens.
It sure doesnt look good out there though, almost like somebody has been doing a rain dance or something.

:beer:

yamahagirl said:
I am getting a little scared with all the RR guys on this ride! LOL Just as long as Rick doesn't end up in a santa thong like last time we were in Hancock with Steve!
I don't know Gina, I seem to recall you having a pretty good time with the RR guys and Rick's santa thong.
Look at that smile! :kw

We just need to step up that snow dance so I don't have to take the plow off the Grizz to go riding. :WayCool: :WayCool:

Its snowing really good here right now, we got a few inches already today and I guess its supposed to continue through the weekend. I dont think they are getting it up there yet though.

Ill keep the snow dance going just for you Tom, and hopefully the lake effect will really start to kick in.

Just keep on dancing, it seems to be working! :WayCool:
MIZ001-003-120500-
KEWEENAW-NORTHERN HOUGHTON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...COPPER HARBOR...HOUGHTON
439 PM EST SAT DEC 11 2004

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST SUNDAY...
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON TO MONDAY
EVENING...

WIDESPREAD SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS EVENING...THEN TAPER OFF LATE
TONIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. SNOW SHOWERS
WILL THEN REDEVELOP SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND BECOME MORE INTENSE TOWARD
EVENING AS COLDER AIR POURS INTO THE AREA. NORTHWEST WINDS OF 20 TO
35 MPH BY LATE SUNDAY WILL CREATE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW
REDUCING VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES THROUGH MONDAY. SNOW
AMOUNTS SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY OF 10 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE
WITH THE GREATEST OVER HIGHER TERRAIN.

Maybe

The Wifey And I Will Be At Our Cabin In Ontanagon On The 19th. Someone Give Me A #how To Contact Them And May Be We'll Meet Up Sat Or Sun

Tonight
Chance of light snow over night. Snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are expected. Low 20 to 25. Light wind becoming South west at 10 to 20 mph.

Sunday
Windy. Snow tappering in early morning. Snow likely late. Accumulations of 1-2 inches are expected. High 31. Increasing wind to 20-30 mph.

Sunday Night
Snow showers. Heavy at times. Blowing snow, Windy. 4-8 inches and greater are expected over high terrain. low 15-20. gusts of up to 40 mph expected. Lake Effect Snow Warning In effect until 8:00 pm. Monday

Monday
Snow showers. Areas of blowing snow in morning. Windy, cooler. Additional lake effect snow accumulations possible. High 18-23

Boys.....Girls.....and all you snow junkies better be ready for this ride.... Please any of you who states there will be no snow.....has no faith. The lake effect snow gods have looked upon us tonight and are giving us one fine early christmas present. I would expect a base of at least 20" by friday of this coming week. If not more, So get your sleds ready.... and head on up.....I'll guarantee the groomers will be out :)

Back