removing wire harness 00 srx 700

This should not be too difficult. The only tricky part is removing the harness from under the engine. When you pull of this part if the harness, attach a string or wire to it so you'll have it to pull the wiring harness back in place. The rest of the harness is under the cover which surrounds the gas tank. Why do you want to remove it? Are you looking for a short or bare wire??

yea im looking for a short. im having all sorts of problems. tach quitin when i dim the headlights and such. ive already removed the harness from under the motor and it must have done some good because the temp light blinks the standard 3 times and its never done that since april.

I just took the motor out and while I was in there I cleaned out the engine bay and checked over everything, I also took the entire wiring harness out and brought it inside to check all the wires with multimeter and it check out fine but the hard part was to put it all back together in the cold

MY PROBLEM ON MY 2000 srx WAS HARNESS WAS UNDER COOLANT HOSE. MY HARNESS WAS NOT RUBED BUT WIRES WERE CRUSHED. MY 2000 WENT TOTALLY HAIRWIRE.
1. NO HEADLITE
2. ENGINE STOP SWITCH ACTED IN REVERSE.
3. TACH WAS GOING TO 12000.
4. TORS LITE WOULD KICK ON.
THIS WAS A MESS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

ok i tested the plug caps and they didnt even register on my meter. so i put brand new ones on and still have the same problems. so i just got done pulling the entire harness. was tough but doable. no gonna be checking every wire. this sucks i rather be riding!!!

im not seing any visually bad wires. could i just hook my meter between colors and test the ohms of every wire?

i just tested stator and i got 189 between w/r and w/g
i got 0.01 between w and w as shown in the manual and i got 0.00 on the other white wire. does this mean i need a new stator?

after removing the entire harness from the sled i visually checked it and tested the continuity of every wire. i found one rub through on the power valve test connector and that was all. i found all my wires have continuity.

well since my harness looks and tested good im going to put it back on tommorrow and test for spark on every cylinder.

update!

im sitting here trying to see the new year in so im looking over my harness once more before tommrrow and i found a thick yellow wire that was rubbed through. its in the part of the harness that goes to the hood in the white connector. from there it goes to the load control relay? could this be whats causing my problems?

my problem is solved. must have been the yellow wire grounding out. i love my srx it rips and pulls so hard!!!!

Did you have to remove the motor? I know itll be much easier but i dont think i would beable to remove it as i dont wanna screw anything up. The wires almost out from under the engine but its still giving me a hard time. Is it possible without removing any motor mounts?

Back