hottest looking viper or sxr

Here's a few shots of the Viper that I started building up last spring. These pics were taken about 8 months ago and it's almost ready. I'll post some current picks after I get a chance to put it on the snow.

YamahaXtreme said:
wow I think boomer has the winning sled. Where did you get a snow flap like is that custom or did you put a vx7r sticker on it?

Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys. This sled has been a pretty fun project and has taken quite a bit more time than I thought. I've got some new suspension changes done to the 136" Expert X skid that aren't in the pics, and I accidently put a 780 big bore kit in it so it should probably be called a VX8R now.

The snow flap on the VX7R is from a Rev race sled. It was the only one long enough that I could find to use with the kick up tunnel. Those flaps have a nice smooth surface to put graphics on. The person that designed the sled graphics installed a custom decal to the flap. I have since found out that USI makes a nice long flap with a smooth finish to add a decal on. I might have to get one of those if I have any issues running a Ski Doo part on the sled.

Last edited:
'o4 Viper S

Heres my '04 Viper S. Not much done to it other than some cosmetic stuff! Painted grills and shock springs. Love the sled, it is awesome in the trails!!

OK guys, here it is....

Here is my "new" viper....

MODS: Mountain Performance 136 Option 2 with relocation; 136 Ripsaw; Maxximum performance revalve/resprung shocks, roller secondary, silencer, torque limiter; Custom orange windshield with TY stickers; 2 inch riser; Yamaha handlebar cover and billet gas cap; Orange screens.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 41
onlybluesxv nice sled. Where did you get that windy? Did you just spray paint? Also I'm guessing you painted the screens yourself, what color did you use? I painted my screens with chevy orange I was told it would match the orange C&As perfect but it came out pretty dark.

rustoleum flourescent orange on screens, plastic coat on windshield same color...

Thanks for the feedback... glad you like it, i am very pleased with how it turned out...

i like the color scheme it pops out at ya,see this contest is not only fun but it gives others different ideas as well...

I need some orange

SX7TY3.jpg

onlybluesxv said:
rustoleum flourescent orange on screens, plastic coat on windshield same color...

Thanks for the feedback... glad you like it, i am very pleased with how it turned out...

onlybluesxv, I think you better change your handle to onlyblueandorangesxv. Nice work on the Viper. I really like what the orange does to the Vipers. I like the black to orange fade on the windshield and the orange strobe accents on the top of your tunnel extension. I was thinking of doing something similar to my black Viper windshield.

I'm glad to see that there's still a lot of guys who think enough of the Vipers to spend their time building them up to their own personal taste and riding style. It's great to see all of these Vipers so far, and I'm sure there's a few more out there that we've yet to see.

If my sx was blue i would add orange accents to it to give it that factory racing look.both of you guys have nice sleds

Back