97 500 XT to 600 Triple

Yes I used the fuel pump from the 600 because it has 3 outlets and the 500 only has 2. I also swapped all the electronics as there is the odd connector that is different, much easier that way.

stein700sx said:
Very nice How did you get the track to sit soo flat after 136'n it?
I don't know lol. I just bolted them up and set the limiters to the max length specified in the manual. I noticed quite a few people's sits high in the rear.

Yah I did, I had to keep the track fairly tight. I'm not sure if that was due to my suspension I was running or the track itself. But the track hooked so hard, maybe that was part of the issue. I'm waiting for some 8 tooth anti-ratchets for my sx though.

Gotcha, you'll potentially find with the m-10 that you can run your track looser as that geometry tightens the track as it compresses so ya gotta run m-10's looser than oem type skidframes.

I see at the very end of the video where you open the hood that you cut the quarter wave tube off.Did that make it much louder over just having the baffle bored out?Kinda hard to tell in the video I thought, especially with no snow.

I couldn't really tell the difference, I took a vid of it with the tube on as well to compare. I also have a vid of a sno stuff can. I will upload them soon.

An update on this project.....

This sled completed the season with no major issues, it ran great! Only problem was it went through 4 sets of sliders and a few idler wheels.

This year it is getting a monoshock 136" suspension, dual bulb headlight, 700cc top end with reed spacers, boost bottle and thin head gasket. It also aquired a boss seat half way through last season and is getting a nytro taillight to go with it.

Here are some pictures of last season:

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

Thanks!

I also wanted to add that an srx steering column will not fit in a 97 xt chassis. The cutout is not large enough in the tunnel. It's going to be interesting fitting the boost bottle and reed spacers.

I hope I can get it to work with the spacers because I did the notch on my 99 sx and a reed stopper broke off and trashed a cylinder.

Back