Here are some pictures:

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159-1.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

Looks GREAT! WHAT IS THE PURPLE CONECTION IN THE WATER LINE?
Now all ya need is to configure the back of the sled, w/ a rack to hold a small gerry can for fuel. Make it look like the real deal of backwoods/mountain type sleds.

Thanks! The purple connector is for the water temp sensor for the gauge on the dash. I thought about extra gas but gas stations are usually about 50 km apart at the most where I ride and this thing should be pretty decent on gas as well.

The gauge brand is equus and I got it from canadian tire Gauge
It worked amazing last winter, usually ran from 80 to 100 celcius.

Last edited:
Haha thanks, I would love to open a business and do just that but I don't really have the space right now. Also the custom sled shop is about a half hour away from where I live so that would be some serious competition lol.

sweet ride looks very close to two ive done as well

Attachments

• sleds winter 2012 004 (Small).jpg
    sleds winter 2012 004 (Small).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 21
  • sleds winter 2012 005 (Small).jpg
    sleds winter 2012 005 (Small).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 28
Just wanted to give an update on what's going on with this sled for the summer.

It made it through the winter but had some significant problems,

The drive shaft snapped one weekend and then on a 3 day trip it took out a cylinder. I think the engine damage was due to a tank of bad gas. The gas was from a petro station in beaverton, just a note to everyone; DON'T GET GAS THERE!!! The damage was limited to the cylinder and piston though, nothing in the bottom end or on the head so the rebuild was easy.

Decided to put a full head gasket in to limit the damaged caused by bad gas since it seems to be common.

Here is a list of to do's for the summer:

-rebuild transfer rod
-rebuild/revalve rear shock
-rebuild/install front gyt-r shocks
-repair temperature sensor wires in head
-put needles back to stock
-replace bushings in front end
-align front end
-replace rear wheels
-check chaincase oil
-check trailing arm mounts
-install apex bars
-inspect track
-install new temp gauge
-new thumb warmer
-6 inch riser
-extended brake line

Still going strong, only put on 600 km this year so far but it has worked great. Got a lighter spring for the monoshock and it seems to ride much better, it had a "big boy" spring on it before.

It didn't really get much this year, just added electric start and changed that spring.

Back