Front Viper Shocks on an SRX

Viper shocks

I installed viper shocks on the front of my 2001 srx last year. I made an aluminum spacer to fill the gap and used nylon bushings to keep things moving freely. I put about + or - 500 miles on with them installed and I havent had a problem yet. And I think it made the ride a lot better. Let me know how you make out.

I would like to see pics too. How about posting the here so you dont have to email all of us. I just returned a bracket kit to mountain performance that I thought was suppose to work. They claim there is no kit available does anyone no if there is ?? If i cant figure this out I am going to have some viper shocks for sale!!! Thanks Mike

There is no kit that performs this task. Either you fab up something like we did you you need to change out the front of you bulkhead for a viper one.(not difficult, but time consuming)

Not true. Pioneer Performance offers a long travel front kit. I think it is new this year. The web site is www.pioneermotorsport.com phone is (716) 496-8800. I have the long travel rear kit and am looking at getting the front kit to complement it.

I just looked at pioneers kit. Its $679.00 for the 98-02 SRX's. I can think of alot better ways to place $679.00 into my sled. The way we did it in the pics seems to work pretty well. The only disadvantage is you loose a little width in you ski stance with out the longer radius rods. You could get some longer radius rods if you wanted from a SXr for cheap money. We have put several hundred miles of hard riding on this setup with out any issues.

Maddog, Thanks for posting the pics!!! Did you use nylon bushings on both sides of the stock mounting bracket (tough to see in the pics)? You could make a bunch of cash by making up some sets and selling them on this board. I cant believe the big dogs dont have anything like this but I guess the big dogs cant keep up with the MADDOG!

would it be possible to take a pic of your sled from the front, I would lke to see what the camber looks like with the viper shocks with std radius rods, thanx

Pic

This is the only one I have for now. I'll take a lower front one this weekend if needed.

maddog you need to get out more info. how much this cost? how hard is it to do? do i have to pull the motor for a new bulkhead? or pull the pipes? i have a pair of viper shocks i need to get those on my sled.

Its really simple to do. I can't believe no one else had tried this. It nothing more than a spacer machined out of aluminum with nylon washers for bushings.(they prevent any binding). Just bolt the shock in using the above mentioned.

Back