Front Viper Shocks on an SRX

My buddy just completed putting the viper shocks in the front of his 00 SRX. The thing works great. He didn't like the fork on the top of the viper shock, so he cut it off and welded on an eye, and bolts in like the original shock does. Longer radious rods, tie rods, and sway bar links were needed. there is no pressure on the shocks when the suspension is hanging as someone previously stated. Drove the sled this weekend on the PY ride and I didn't notice any handling differences.

Maddogs where are you??

Maddogs, When you did the front viper shocks what did you do with the sway bar?? Did you use oe links or links from a viper or???? Any help would be great.

srx front shocks

I have a 98 and 02 ,both with long travel,the 98 has 25000 k on it and I tryed viper shocks on the front and without the rubber cushions the holes will be egg shaped in about 5000 k.You must have the round rubber bushing if you want to have it last,as well as they work much better if you widen it 2 inches to allow a longer arc ,this allows you to keep rods close to stock angle.I have also tryed to change the end of the viper shock and found it was still too long by .5 of an inch.The best setup for the front I found from 30000 k of tinkering is kimpex shock no. 08-165 and spring no. 04-296 this costs less than $300.00 if you widen it yourself.This gives you 10.5 inches of travel and is great if you are under 200 lb.

Attachments

• DSCF1059.JPG
    DSCF1059.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF1060.JPG
    DSCF1060.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 19

Back