First sled purchase NIGHTMARE (from back-on-blue) the saga continues!!!!!!

I shimmed my skis to get the tips up and the balance just back of center!!! It is claimed to also help with darting from what I read in the tech pages!!!

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

thats "needsnow2go" in the background..... my right hand man!!! always there to lend a helping hand!!!!

Yeah, it's too late for us guys. ;)! And look at all fun we had. Just thinking maybe a lesson in there for the next guy.

BTW the sled is looking good. I shimmed my SX 700 like that and it made a world of difference.

thstorms said:
Probably sound advice..... but this is now kind of a TY family build!!! I have to save it, build it as sound and reliable as possible and keep it 'till its time to pass it along to the next one in line...... for now that looks like my wife, soooo it will probably only be riden a handful of times each year!!!

After a good hard whooping this year of course!!!..... just to make sure its top notch!!!

Last edited:
The running boards were also a common problem behind the trailing arm that why if you look on this site you will find a fix for that issue I made stainless reenforcement plates for my SSX project last year. I have seen other sleds do the same thing if they were rode HARD and put away WET. Progress looks good keep the pics and updates coming.

mtnmaxman600 said:
The running boards were also a common problem behind the trailing arm that why if you look on this site you will find a fix for that issue I made stainless reenforcement plates for my SSX project last year. I have seen other sleds do the same thing if they were rode HARD and put away WET. Progress looks good keep the pics and updates coming.

I read that thread, but don't remember exactly what you did I will have to look it up!!! I had so many other things on my mind when I was reading it, motor, water pump, oil pump....... I purchased one last oil pump last year from betheviper, hopefully that is the last engine issue I have to deal with for the next 2,000-3,000...... maybe the afammed 9,000-10,000 miles these Yammys are supposed to go!!!!! LOL

waiting for parts and money I keep getting bored...... so I do what any addict would..... I feed the fire!!!!

this weeks project is the tub/belly pan and more "cool" and "pretty" stuff!!!

while at the hardware store picking up rivets for belly pan repair I picked up a couple cans of 2,000* VHT paint...... for some reason I was more excited about painting the freshly sandblasted expansion chamber, y-pipe, and silencer!!!

for some reason I lack the motivation to patch the stupid holes in the pan, guess it's probably because I know I need to just replace it!!!

let me know what you think!!!!

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

I fell in love with a set of Slydog red urban camo skis at a swap meet..... I baught a track this year and cant afford the skis, so this will do for now!!!

It looks soooo good in person!!!!!

thstorms said:
waiting for parts and money I keep getting bored...... so I do what any addict would..... I feed the fire!!!!

this weeks project is the tub/belly pan and more "cool" and "pretty" stuff!!!

while at the hardware store picking up rivets for belly pan repair I picked up a couple cans of 2,000* VHT paint...... for some reason I was more excited about painting the freshly sandblasted expansion chamber, y-pipe, and silencer!!!

for some reason I lack the motivation to patch the stupid holes in the pan, guess it's probably because I know I need to just replace it!!!

let me know what you think!!!!

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

I fell in love with a set of Slydog red urban camo skis at a swap meet..... I baught a track this year and cant afford the skis, so this will do for now!!!

It looks soooo good in person!!!!!

I think the next option should be a rifle scaboard. Then you can take up urban coyote hunting. Might want to camo your helmet too. LOL.

"Looking good Billy Ray".

Kinda reminds me of me when I had my pipes jet hot coated, I sent my springs off to the plater to have them yellow zinc/cad coated so my sled didn't have that "unfinished" look.

Kind of reminds me of a big snake in there.

Maybe somebody who has triple pipes could paint them up like a bunch of snakes all laying together and writhing around. that would be kinda cool. Especially if you had a viper!

Back