Musselman's SRX Project

Yeah who wants new ones when you can have sleds that look like that. Sno-tek that was the name. Was thinkin bout some of those fox shocks myself. Would like to level mine up a bit after putting in vector rear suspension.

well the srx made it through the season putting on about 3500 km with little to no problems. I had big problems with the battery I got from ballistic performance, it would not work when it was cold and eventually came apart inside. However they honored the warranty and replaced it with a new one and also sent me a BMS charger free of charge.

I was going to put a viper hood and belly on but I think it will look cooler as an srx with all these goodies on it.

I will start tearing it apart next week hopefully and will take lots of pics.

Here is a list of things I want to get done this summer:

-remove heat shields and paint pipes
-install battery and wiring
-fix recoil
-powder coat sno-x t-arms and install
-install new fuel filter
-install pro taper bars
-install viper gauge
-install viper axle and speed pickup
-new temp gauge and sender
-install viper oil tank
-install viper coolant bottle
-install viper airbox
-install viper footrests
-install rear footrests
-replace bearings and seals in chaincase
-align front end
-install exhaust can rear mount
-change chaincase oil
-remove M-10 suspension and find something else
-longer throttle and oil cables
-nytro tail light
-replace front spindle bushings
-reg numbers for hood

Looks like you will have your hands full also! Sounds like some nice upgrades. I take it you werent very happy with the m-10? Or just looking for a better off trail skid?

super1c said:
Looks like you will have your hands full also! Sounds like some nice upgrades. I take it you werent very happy with the m-10? Or just looking for a better off trail skid?
Yes I definitely have my hands full this summer!

The M-10 never rode very good for me, weight transfer was also terrible, also slider wear was terrible. I'm going to see if I can find something better.

I was considering an xtx skid but I could not find one anywhere and I don't think I'll find one during the summer. I have a lead on an M-20 Airwave with the onboard compressor, I'll see if I can pick that up. If not I will be looking for another option.

Where did you put the battery?
I saw some wiring to where the silencer goes, but the silencer takes up that place?

When I had Aaen pipes I put it in the stock location on the chaincase but with the stock pipes there is no room there at all. I think I'm going to mount it either by the secondary or in the front left by the pipes. The battery is small and light so it will mount easy hopefully.

Here are a few pictures of my new trailing arms. They are team yamaha snowcross arms made by northern lites designed for unequal length radius rods and short spindles. They are made from chromoly steel and feel very light compared to stock.

they still need to be powder coated but I haven't decided what colour I want yet.

I was thinking either white, silver or black, maybe even blue if I can get a close match.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

snoprokidf6 said:
How did you get your hands on those?
I got them from a member on here on a trade.

SRX500kid said:
go white if you can!! looks awsome!!!
I like the white as well, only problem is they would get dirty really quick, my skis look awful at the end of the season. I don't think that's too much of an issue though.

Back