SSR 440 oval clone (440x)

Well here are some more pics pipes are in and mounted where they need to be todays project is the clutch enclosure then on to the finishing of the hood

012-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

had to dish out the bulkhead to clear the waterpump turned out perfect

003-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

Last edited:

well got the clutch guard fabricated tonight just a few little tweeks and we are set will tray to get the track in tomorrow if time allows i have some testing to do first grass drag is just about a month away and i need to make sure the sleds are ready to go then i will get to the hood i have plenty of sleds to paint and a few tractors

nutz

Well here are some more pics................... got the sled on the ground and double checked the stance ............all looks good, fuel tank, bars and radiator are ordered got the hood sanded down and wrapped in primer last night motor is in final position and tighetened down so now it will be on to the paint job
0063.jpg
0093.jpg
0083.jpg
0073.jpg
0122.jpg
012-2.jpg
015-3.jpg

well guys things are getting a little closer got about half the paint work done last night should have it wrapped up tonight ............... decided on the marble sceme again here are some pics of the process
001-5.jpg
004-7.jpg
005-5.jpg
007-4.jpg
009-4.jpg
011-4.jpg
013-1.jpg

got the rest of the airbrushing done this afternoon just have to wrap in clear let dry and then black out the bottom of the hood

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg
003-7.jpg
004-8.jpg
005-6.jpg
006-5.jpg
007-5.jpg

well here it is hood on the sled after a good wet sandin and 3 stages of buffing the shine back ........................ i love many of the old sno-pro sleds but i think the SSR is just so sexy .................... the balck on the bottom of the hood was something i though about for a while figureing $30 worth of paint on the bottom was a waist of money i will be racing this sled so $10 worth of spray on bed liner was a better choice to resist chips and nicks as plus it is easy to touch up .................... also wondering if anyone has a set of black or red bottom USI flatline skis they would like to trade for orange ones I will take car of the shipping and will inlclude New hardware to switch out the bottoms they must be in really good shape ....No junk with big gouges my bottoms are like new enjoy the pics and tanks for all the comment ......tomorrow i will finish off the seat foam and get that in for covering
002-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-9.jpg

ok well things will be at a stand still for a very little bit seat foam is in final prep for the custom cover which will go in this week just waiting on the expensive parts to finish it off plus looks like the part time job will have me pretty occupied pretty good for the next few weeks plus all the race sleds need to be finished off for fall grass drags ..................... more pics to come soon

Nutz

Back