Exciter knowledge 101

can anywone tell me the part number written on their exciter sx needle and nozzle so i can order them please ? would be very helpfull.

I hope these are right, Needle - AY-14116-02-00 $9.57, Nozzle - 8AY-14141-46-00 $19.75, Pilot jet 52.5 - 3H1-14142-52-00 $3.35, Main jet - #155 3G2-14231-31-00 $4.12. I want to set up a set of Vmax 600 Flatslides for my Exciter also. These are the parts Prankster used in his ported sled to obtain proper operation.

I think. I can be, and often am, wrong.

Check online fische to be sure.

Good Luck John.

WB LASSE! time for a new season:) It´s been a while, still waiting for u to buy that sx you were talking about. We are beginning to be a couple of guys modifying these awesome old sleds now. For the moment i´m working on multiple tasks that involves making a bracket for the vmax 700 hydraulic brake (soon finished will post pics). There is no problem making it fit (turn the caliper upside down, put it infront of the old one).

Also found out that i had a pretty annoying model of comet, which i had to modify to fit regular weights with 1/4 bushing (done) switched weights to polaris 10 al and comet orange/silver spring

Rebuilt the secondary for this season just to be sure everything is ok, started to put in the electric starter (still working on that)

Finally i got rid of that crappy predator track and got hold of a nice 38 mm ripsaw instead, just waiting for my 8 tooth drivers now so i can put it on...
Anyone have a clever idea how to shape up the cans? Left one doesn´t keep up with my standard....

Found out that vmax 500 uses the same carbslides like exciter sx. Bought a pair earlier, now everything in my carbs are according to sx specs. I let u know if there is i notice any difference using these instead of the 600.

Last edited:
Den är min:) behöver kapital, har köpt mc som behöver snyggas till lite inför nästa säsong...

Last edited:
thanks for your replies guys. the problem i am having is that my local dealer tells me they (needle and nozzle) are backorder for 4-5 weeks. another shop can order them but in their catalog it's written the mikuni part number not the yamaha (8AY-14116-02-00) and (8AY-14141-46-00). oh and i forgot to say ronnies mail asks me 88$ for shipping a 91$ order. !!?? waayy too expensive...

What! I think i paid around 100 dollar including shipping fees for my stuff when i ordered, and i live in Sweden.... Call them and ask them if they could send it in a regular envelope or something. I mean we are talking small parts here, that kind of shipping fee makes no sense at all

prankster said:
Lasse,
Let me know if you hear someone parting or selling Exciter-I stuff up where you live !!
A friend of mine has decided to sell theirs ( 1989 ) Exciter-I in parts.

* The engine is running but have real bad crank bearings.
* Pistons are Wiseco OD.
* Cylinders are OD otherwise stock and have very good compresion.

:2strokes:

I could use some plastic if it´s in good shape, maybe the hood..... depends on the money

Time to fix those bad looking strutcans? Are they dented and full of scratches like mine?

Well i found a way to fix this through an idea from a swedish forum:) Take a piece of black rainpipe, meassure the length of the tower, make two pieces. Cut them open so that u can split them. Cut out for the holder and put them on. Seal them with the rubbers in top and bottom. If u want paint them and your done.

Cheap and easy, looks stock and way better than the previous dented ones:) Try and see for yourself.

Hey guys! I created an open facebook group for all u exciter freaks out there, my thought with this is to gather information and to communicate in a more direct way and of course to share all the great info that we all have to others. You´ll find it by clicking this link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/377732505654647/

Share this to other exciter owners out there:)

thought i would throw out there a very goo clutch set up i ran in my sled for years when the sled was all stock 88 Ex 570 ...............this is for the stock clutches weights where stock 82M the long version yellow green spring 40kg preload with 1.40 rate ........good for 4200 engagement and 7300 shift seconday was 8V0 47 degree helix with vmax 540 pink spring set in b-2 setting great little set up gearing was 18/31...........and lots of mods and updates as i had everyproblem under the sun with this sled for the 1st 2 years i owned it ............ once i went through everything it was a problem free sled for many years until the lower rod bearing went out of it at around 10,500 miles by then the sled was nothing but a oval sled and clutching was way different as well as gearing ................sled it sitting while parts are falling into place to put it back on the trails in a boondocker style

Yep, they are all the same. Even the center hood will bolt right up with the use of the 91 and newer hinges. The fairing, however you will need the entire headlight bracket and gauge cluster cover.

looking for info

I guess there are some people here who ones rode or maybe still is riding one of these nice sleds. Please be free to share everything you know about them, all experiences and everything else there is to know about these sleds.

What will work, and what doesn´t work, is it still possible to find aftermarket parts? Is there people out there who specialized in these parts and maybe reproduced some of it?

What is a good clutch set up? How do i tune them, what gearing is prefered? Which track can i use? Whats the secret behind the Terminator? Well this old sled have alot of history, and there are many questions that goes along with it, please contribute in the way you want.

There isn´t much information about exciters on the internet as you might noticed. (they are too old to notice ;) This is an attempt to gather some information and exciter related links in the same spot.

My name is Jeff and I just bought a 88 exciter deluxe and I am like you trying to find out as much info on it as possible so if you find out anything please let me know and I will do the same thanks

Hey guys I have a 93 exciter 2 sx 570, every time it gets rebuilt I put 20 gallons of premixed gas (36:1)???? I baby it on the break in, but every time I push it to 8k rpm I fry the pistons and rings. Jets are 142.5 I premix all my gas an put 4 oz in the resivor before each ride, I'm stumped I have no clue what is causing it maybe my mix is off but that's what it runs good at, love the sled has crazy power for its time an she goes through some deep shit, 136 track I think with 2 inch paddles she's throws a roost, I did a compression test at wot an left side read 65 psi an right is reading 40, maybe to rings set idk any help is appreciated

Back