Exciter knowledge 101

yea,hope ya find some but i think good ones are scooped up and spendy,i have one thats dented so i drilled a hole on the backside,pounded it out and threw my old bender covers on it,ill keep lookin,never know

saw a clever man on swedish snowmobile forum that put ordinary downspouts over the shocktowers and painted them silver. It locked like stock, a cheap way to fix dented and chabby towers. Might do that if i can´t find a set of nice ones for a descent cost:)

yea i did something like that to,my buddies aaen pipe busted in two,took off a cover and slipped the two halves back together!didnt even leak,stopped at a gas station and got a few hose clamps,good to go,pretty funny huh

prankster said:
Lasse,
Let me know if you hear someone parting or selling Exciter or V-Max stuff for decent prices up where u live.
;)! I will have my eyes open.

Just FYI - http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/ can rebuild your struts, re-valve them to your weight, and can straighten out and remove any dents in your cans. They worked wonders on my cans, and re-valved my struts for 200lbs. Makes the hugest difference in ride handling, amd makes the front end feel smoother than a new sled!

thanx stanage, but the shipping prizes would make those towers damn expensive....... i try to find some here or make that quick fix. Contacted a motive painter today btw:) Will try to make my hood look really bad....til next year:)

Ok, time to give the old ex some better brakes:) Is there anyone out there who´s got a good template to a bracket for mixing the exciter chaincase with a vmax 700 or srx caliper?

was tinting my truck taillights and...
tint008.jpg

tint004.jpg

It looks really nice! I agree a blue flap would be perfect:)

i´m thinking of changing my seat to one from a rx1....what do u think? Could be really cool if i make it fit.

could be,i really dont know what they look like but i am sure you could make it work,newer seats have much better padding

Finally! I got a hold on some dual psi:s, been looking a long time for a couple of these pipes:) Now i really need another clutch setup..I was thinking 10 al weights and a red comet spring, (can´t find a polaris dark-blue and white) What Do u guys think about that? I would. like the engagement pretty smooth and it must be suitable for powder...

Last edited:
I have an 88 that I race in vintage ovals, does anyone know how to go about lowering the front suspension on this sled?

lcummings said:
I have an 88 that I race in vintage ovals, does anyone know how to go about lowering the front suspension on this sled?

They call them lowering tubes. If you take the cans off the struts on a TSS sled you will see a kind of stepped washer at the bottom of the spring. The step is about 3/4" or so depending on the model. The OD on the washer is where the bottom of the spring rides. The ID on this washer is where the top of the strut rides. Without the ID the strut would go right up inside the spring.

A lowering tube is nothing more than this same stepped washer with a greater distance between the OD and ID lips. You can make your own lowering tubes by cutting this washer and welding in more tubing to increase the distance between the OD and ID lips. 1" added lowers you 1 ". 2" added lowers you 2", etc.

Once you look at it it is a simple deal.

opsled

Back