Exciter knowledge 101

Thanx guys maybe i need to get an order for some jets then.... damn they didn´t have any at yamaha. Takes a while to get them:(

prankster said:
Thanx guys maybe i need to get an order for some jets then.... damn they didn´t have any at yamaha. Takes a while to get them:(

Make sure you get the right jets,

throttle-jetting.jpg

Last edited:
Just found myself a complete brake kit from a srx, i guess i´m in for some serious garagetime this summer....:)

have you taken the choke plungers out,cleaned em up.maybe there sticking or are slightly open,needle and seats could be dirty and leaking too,

I´m heading out now, gonna check everything, thanx for the tip about the choke plungers, haven´t checked that yet..... Something must be very wrong when the gas disappears quicker than what i thought could be possible... great info about the comets stanage!

did a little more lookin and it seems vmax 600's with bad gas mileage most often had bad needle and seat.i think theres a o-ring around em to

stanage said:
Comet Cam Arm
General Information :
If changing weights in the Comet clutch,
go with the Polaris "10-series" weights instead.
Much better profile then the Comet weights.

:2strokes:

went all in as usual, might as well change everything according to the sx specs.
put in an order to ronnies.

Description: NEEDLE for 1993 YAMAHA EX 570SX Order Quantity: 2
Description: NOZZLE, MAIN for 1993 YAMAHA EX 570SX Order Quantity: 2
Description: COLLAR for 1993 YAMAHA EX 570SX Order Quantity: 2
Description: RING for 1993 YAMAHA EX 570SX Order Quantity: 2
Description: JET, MAIN #155 UR STD for 1993 YAMAHA EX 570SX Order Quantity: 2
Description: JET,PILOT #55 UR STD for 1993 YAMAHA EX 570SX Order Quantity: 2

Now it better behave or it might blow up in a sunny day or a cloudy, doesn´t matter;)

Did a little polishing while i was waiting for the parts to arrive from ronnies:)

It took a couple of hours but what can i say..bling is king:)

yeah i sanded them first with 80 then with 400 and then 1200 and finally polished them with the dremel. It can get even better but they are meant to used so i recon it was enough:)

Mötley Crue rules, they have been favorites for a long time..

thefullmonte said:
You guys already have me thinking of my summer project. I need to find another 88 Exciter for my mountain sled build. ;)! I just like the black/charcoal and red. I guess I could always paint it. Probably going to be a 155". Hope I can make this happen.

Can't wait to see everyone's projects continue to progress. :letitsnow

I have another 89 exciter that you might want. No exhaust or clutches, but would sell for $200 to you (repeat customer) Engine run good. 125comp.

Speed

Got my stuff from ronnies last night:) changed everything in the carbs according to sx specs. Just waiting for the needle valves, they should be here tomorrow. I sure hope this was all worth it.... The only visual i could see when i tore them apart was that the rubber rings on the needle valves were dry and hard. Will test it this weekend and see if it still drowns it self when i let go of the throttle:) and if the fuel consumption is more normal this time.

Received another package today, it´s almost like Christmas eve:) Now i´m gonna get in to the electrical parts of the sled....that´s something i´m not so found of... i might need some help getting this together, hopefully it won´t be that complicated.....

Back