getting outrun is no fun!!!

here i am again with questions, lol.i wanna know if its possible to get the same kinda power out of my 2000 sxr 700, with a stock pipe, as it makes with my power inc. tripple pipes with stingers.is it possible?i love the way the pipes wake my sled up, and sound, but the wardens dont seem to care for it.is there any way possible to make that kind of power without making that much noise?they will look under the hood if they think you might possibly have an aftermarket exhaust,so in wondering if anyone has figured out a way to have the best of both worlds, power, and acceptable sound?any info is greately appreciated.

my sx 700 still spanks alot off sleds gear down 2 on top reed spacers 1 inch track jetting and carbs set right 51-43 rear helix green spring pin kit to use cat weights 53 grams green yellow green front spring

In my opinnion NO, theres really no way to get tripple piped powerout of a single pipe. Not familar with the pipes your running but it sounds like your running a 3 into 3 setup. Is there a corresponding can to run your pipes into? 3 into 1. Will be quieter and have similar power numbers.

red head triple with the single pipe has ALOT of potential, that engine is the most undertuned engine yamaha has ever released in my opinion. Bigger reed blocks, tunnel port the case and port the cylinders, mod the pistons, lightweight pins and hang on, they can and will pull 55+ grams of clutch weight with the stock pipe if they are done right and they are 110% reliable as stock. no worrys from the cops for the pipes.

pipes are an easy 20hp on this engine but as you know most of them advertise you have mods as to the sound level.

ive been talking to a friend who tells me that my rpms are too high, im running at 9,000-9,200 at wide open throttle.he says im losing power,should i change the weights to get a max rpm of 8,100?will it still rip off the line?will i get better gas mileage?and im running a 2000 sxr 700 with the stock pipe, just took the tripple pipes off, the previous owner changed the weights for the pipes, not sure what the weight is now, but looking for input on what weights i should be running,thanks.

just buy a vmax4 i bet you wont get outrun then. bender makes pipes called 'trail hushers' or hauck hushers for your sx. not sure of the db level. same thing here no pipe mods on sleds, gay.

Last edited:
brianbailey440 said:
ive been talking to a friend who tells me that my rpms are too high, im running at 9,000-9,200 at wide open throttle.he says im losing power,should i change the weights to get a max rpm of 8,100?will it still rip off the line?will i get better gas mileage?and im running a 2000 sxr 700 with the stock pipe, just took the tripple pipes off, the previous owner changed the weights for the pipes, not sure what the weight is now, but looking for input on what weights i should be running,thanks.
go to the Tech page and it will list all the stock parts for your sled.

brianbailey440 said:
Your friend is correct, you are over revving... If you reclutch for the stock pipe and check the tech section as stated above you will find a set up that will pull harder out of the hole than stock and be more aggressive all of the way around.

id love to have a v-max 4, just aint in the budget,looking for input on what weights to get me to 8,100 rpm to 8,400 rpm, anyone know?

sxr

Sxr700Bandit said:
Your friend is correct, you are over revving... If you reclutch for the stock pipe and check the tech section as stated above you will find a set up that will pull harder out of the hole than stock and be more aggressive all of the way around.
im on it!!!

o.k., my weights are 8df00,not sure about the base and tip,if i use a 8ab00 with 4.5 base, and 2.4 tip, am i gonna rev lower?and where is the best place to order them?what rollers should i use?

Back