SRX 700 summer project

staggs65

First I'd like to welcome a new member Ames2000. this will be his build. his name is Josh. He's a good friend of mines neighbor. He used to come down and watch us work on cars, sleds, and boats. now he's to the point where he does all the work while we drink beer and watch. lol. He comes with us to the races (both sleds and cars) and is turning into quite the little pit crew member.
He had a couple old Phazers for a while, then went to a mxz 600. Now he's stepping up to a SRX. he's starting with a bunch of my spare parts. basically got a chassis with some odds and ends.
064.jpg

I did have a good hood at least, and some of a rear suspension.
065.jpg

066.jpg

Things we'll need to find are:
engine (thats the big one LOL)
left trailing arm
radius rods
tie rods
spindles
some rear suspension pieces
1 ski
some other odds and ends

I'm gonna help him out as best I can, if anybody else has some stuff that they'd like to sell reasonably priced to help out a kid on a shoestring budget let us know.

Last edited:

I have most of the stuff you guys need. I don't have an engine and the only trailing arms I have are silver. I do have two or three of the radius rods but I' short at least one lower (in either color). I don't have an engine but I do have a single ski but it has a black loop. If you guys get a bunch of the stuff, I will give him a deal on it. Let me know exactly what you need and I'll see what I can come up with.

viperking said:
I have most of the stuff you guys need. I don't have an engine and the only trailing arms I have are silver. I do have two or three of the radius rods but I' short at least one lower (in either color). I don't have an engine but I do have a single ski but it has a black loop. If you guys get a bunch of the stuff, I will give him a deal on it. Let me know exactly what you need and I'll see what I can come up with.

we'll figure out what he'll need and PM you

hey Josh, I think I've got a set of spindles for you from mysledblows.

also the only proaction rear wheel shaft I have is bent pretty bad if someone has one kicking around.

staggs65 said:
hey Josh, I think I've got a set of spindles for you from mysledblows.

also the only proaction rear wheel shaft I have is bent pretty bad if someone has one kicking around.

Ok, thanks! I ripped the whole sled down to just the aluminum tunnel this after noon!!

Thanks!Its ready to be pressure washed to get all the grime and grease off! Then the process of collecting parts I need and then putting it back together!! Cant wait!

Looks Good! You going to leave the tunnel blue or strip it and polish it? Also there is a 2000 srx motor on ebay for $700 if you guys wanted to check that out.

viperking said:
Looks Good! You going to leave the tunnel blue or strip it and polish it? Also there is a 2000 srx motor on ebay for $700 if you guys wanted to check that out.

Thanks, Im going to strip it and polish the tunnel. I also have a lot of time to work on it so im going to polish any aluminum I can.

if it helps i will powdercoat some stuff for you. at no charge u pay the shipping both ways. any basic color black white silver. it has to be sandblasted and cleaned first. thanks pete amato. i also have a complete top end and a set of 99 engine cases i will sell for 600 plus shipping. u will need a crank.

amatosrx said:
if it helps i will powdercoat some stuff for you. at no charge u pay the shipping both ways. any basic color black white silver. it has to be sandblasted and cleaned first. thanks pete amato. i also have a complete top end and a set of 99 engine cases i will sell for 600 plus shipping. u will need a crank.

I might use that offer. Thanks!!

Today I stripped the tunnel and pressure washed it. I'll pressure wash it again and then start to polish it. It wont be long till the tunnel is ready!!

Tunnel is stripped and polished. I pressure washed it. Now time to start cleaning parts that i have right now.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

That's the tunnel ready to go!!

good job stripping it Josh, but I'll bring over my buff wheels and compounds to polish it. long ways to go on the polish just yet. it'll be easier if you wetsand it first. should look like a mirror.

Back