How about some Home Made SEAFOAM????

nosboy

VIP Member
Totallyamaha is not responsible for any damages that these modifications may cause to your vehicle; any modifications are your responsibility if you choose to do so. We are providing information ONLY. Some of these modifications may VOID your warranty and that is your responsibility to look into. The Totallyamaha users have passed along most of the information found on this site. If you have any questions or concerns about anything on this site talk to your dealer before using any of the information. Totallyamaha will not be liable for any damages or personal injury from any modification performed from this site.

Tom gets a little irritated at me when I post things like this,,,,, lets hope this doesn't get put into the trash.... Let me tell you,, I've been writing these posts for a DECADE and hopefully i've helped a few people and saved people some money.. Posts about HEET,,,, Octane Boosters,,,,,, a HUNDRED posts about conventional lubricants and SYNTHETICS,,, and now a post about SEAFOAM..... here you go,,, boys and girls........Pale oil,, like the pale yellow or clear oil they use for REFRIGERATION UNITS... probably a 10 to 20 weight,, 10 weight being better and probably what's available...... Try and MAKE SURE that it's WAX FREE NAPTHENIC CRUDE OIL BASE STOCK,,, if you can.... .....Go to HOME DEPOT and get yourself a gallon of NAPHTHA and then go to the auto parts store and get a couple bottles of ISO HEET ( isopropyl Alcohol ).... Go OUTSIDE when you are going to mix this stuff together and keep the temperatures PRETTY CONSISTENT.. That means IF YOU BUY A GALLON OF NAPHTHA from home depot,, let it sit outside for a few hours to reach AMBIENT TEMPERATURE..... it is IMPORTANT that you keep the temperatures consistent with the AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE because of the ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL... ISOPROPYL,, Or "IPA" as it's called in the "business" is HYDROSCOPIC..... So is NAPHTHA....... Here's the formula... Pale oil = 50% NAPHTHA = 35% and 15% IPA.........keep it TIGHTLY SEALED after you mix it together.... IT CANNOT GET CONTAMINATED BY THE AMBIENT AIR... ALSO,,,,,, METAL CAN... NO PLASTIC BOTTLES or you'll be WEARING IT.... GOOD LUCK !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

you can buy EMPTY paint cans from Home Depot OR just make a small amount.. a PYREX Measuring cup is available at ANY hardware store....
DOLLAR stores have them too

Mr NOSBOY,
What is your opinion on the effectiveness of Seafoam or the home-made Seafoam substitute as a fuel system cleaner and/or combustion chamber cleaner?

I know many seasoned mechanics who swear by the use of Seafoam to keep fuel systems clean.

Thanks,

Jim

NAPHTHA and ISOPROPYL alcohol have been used for a HUNDRED years.. it's nothing new... Well,, maybe not a HUNDRED years,, but,, yu know what I am talking about...

motorhead327 said:
I want to find out what the mystery is of Star*Tron.
umm....... 95% NAPHTHA ( don't tell anybody) You can figure out what the other 5% is...... cant you????

I have seemed to have a lot better luck with Startron than Stabil lately. Do you think there is anything to this or is it all snakeoil so to speak? Some guys are even running Startron as a preventative measure with e -10 and supposedly more mpg. Your thoughts on this Gary?

Startron is 95% NAPHTHA.... I looked at Menards and I think I remember 10.99 a gallon... xylene and Tolly are around 16 to 19.0 a gallon... I remember when that stuff was a few dollars a gallon...

I think the ALCOHOL is a good thing,, although the BTU's are ONE THIRD of regular gasoline,, so you need THREE TIMES to make the same power,,,, but,, ALCOHOLS have tremendous cleaning ability !!!! SO GOOD that it starts to leach out the emmollients that keep RUBBER pliable !!!!! So,, it does GOOD and also BAD... EVERY positive action usually has some detrimental effect... Not necessarily Newton's THIRD law of relativity,,,,ALCOHOL does do damage.. SO DOES STABIL,, STARTRON,,, HEET,,, ISO HEET,,, ETC,,ETC,,ETC,,, There isn't any WIN/WIN product on the market that will produce FANTASTIC RESULTS... I think they stopped making Ammonium Percolate a couple of years ago.... ( solid rocket booster fuel).. I could even tell you how to make THAT STUFF !!!!!!

I could write a book on Nitrocellulose, Ammonium Nitrate and even Nitrogen Tetraoxide,,,, but,,, lets just say I won't or SHOULDN'T.... Remember,, when you were NINETTEN years old,, tryin to get into the neighbor girls PANTIES,,, I was trying to BUILD A ROCKETSHIP to fly away from this world !!!!! I thought it was a good idea..... and Yes,,, it IS ROCKET SCIENCE..............

Did some really cool Chit with Hydrogen Peroxide rockets in the late 1970's and early 1980's too!!!

OKAY,, here's a good one.. amsoil's octane booster... 95% KEROSENE,,,, 4% vacuum pump oil and 1 percent anti knock agent that they sell to fuel refineries to add to pump gasoline.... How about that?????

Thanks Gary

Always an entertaining read. Havn't had the balls to actually try any of your concoctions yet though. But why are your always YELLING all the time?

Madmatt

Madmatt said:
Always an entertaining read. Havn't had the balls to actually try any of your concoctions yet though. But why are your always YELLING all the time?

Madmatt

I agree! I can spend a whole night reading NOSBOY's threads! Informative and entertaining!

Nosboy, thank you for your recipe for seafoam. I was discussing the formula for it a few months back with an engineer I work with. You took out all the guess work!
P.S. your trans fluid power valve cleaning trick is tits!

J_hubbs said:
Nosboy, thank you for your recipe for seafoam. I was discussing the formula for it a few months back with an engineer I work with. You took out all the guess work!
P.S. your trans fluid power valve cleaning trick is tits!
You mean SOMEBODY reads my posts?????? You put a smile on my face.....

GARY.. I KNOW its New Years Eve...BUT don't go blowing yourself UP..we all NEED you on here.YOU make our DAY....just a little BRIGHTER!!
HEY what was that GLOW I see out my window.GARY play NICE!!!,,lmao
Happy New Year!!

Back