2014 sled anouncement

Hate to say it, but artics have always had a good suspension, Now my friends that work at the a/c plant said they have had a ton of trouble with the 4 stroker motors. Like i said earlier, they shut the plant down for 3 weeks this summer to revamp the line after the srx 120 run. If they can do an artic ride with yami reliabilty, i'd be in. Although i'd still like to see a 2 stroker, just something about the the smoke!

If its a new Viper I am so selling my two! Gotta be a smoker or a super impressive 4 stroke. And when I mean impressive, I mean not heavy...

SXRider7Hundo said:
If its a new Viper I am so selling my two! Gotta be a smoker or a super impressive 4 stroke. And when I mean impressive, I mean not heavy...

Yes, we all want bulkheads and tunnels that buckle with a little hit like the other MFGer's.....

Vmax540 said:
Yes, we all want bulkheads and tunnels that buckle with a little hit like the other MFGer's.....
now that is a good point you make.Lighten the new sleds up and we will pay more for parts on replacing the weak components..just can't win here.

Vmax540 said:

Well... they DO tend to ride them harder than yamaha 4 strokes....

I have to say, most the guys I ride with dont ride Yamahas and I havent seen one bend a tunnel or bulkhead yet. I know it does happen but my guess they are extreme circumstances that would probably have the same results for any sled.

but anyways..... bring on this new snake.

who would sell there current sled, IF Yamaha builds a new sled. i'm keeping my 97 vmax 700sx.

My SRX that does 124 mph on speedo would be for sale, also my MM 700, that beat a lot of newer 600 twins would be for sale.

better watch and don't sell your sleds yet.We have all been let down before..maybe just a bigger holding gas tank will be all we get this time..lol.

After Ridin my xtc today I'm keeping that for awhile. I have so little in it I don't mind thrashing it in these nasty conditions. Plus it's so much nicer to ride now. Will b picking up another sled soon though

staggs65 said:
I have to say, most the guys I ride with dont ride Yamahas and I havent seen one bend a tunnel or bulkhead yet. I know it does happen but my guess they are extreme circumstances that would probably have the same results for any sled.

but anyways..... bring on this new snake.

Look at the right side of bulkhead on the original Rev's. Heck, stand beside the front of ski's and line up the ski tips..... notice one tip is 2 two inches in front of the other........yep.....

B.T.W. There are alot out there that the owners never have know since it was such a little hit....

Last edited:
norwegian said:
Well... they DO tend to ride them harder than yamaha 4 strokes....
Send them my way and we can test that therory :D

Not really sure what Im hoping for from Yamaha. I would definitely like a true ditchbanger that can handle trail studders without shaking my fillings out of my head. Im slowly getting my Nytro closer to that sled, but think I may have to do the Star Suspension upgrade to get it to ride as well as my Viper with the Cat skid

Back