Thinking about a 121" on my enticer?!

Well hopefully doc has good news for ya this year because it's going to be another good winter. I think it might even be better than last year! I back to royal today with that "new" part number and it's just a different number for the exact same part! #$%&*

I know my sled is a 116" track as it sits, I'm not sure if the early 80's are the same...might be shorter but I don't know for sure. If they are like 100-108" you'll probly want to find a 121" skid instead of making rail extensions. I'm only making rail extensions because it's only an extra 5".

I won't be swapping out the shaft, just changing the drivers. Still waiting for the guy to get back to me. But I will definitely be taking pictures of build and updating as I go! If anybody has any ideas, they are welcome here!

You will love the ride and comfort of a 121" on these little sleds, makes a big difference IMO

Last edited:
And the best part is that a 121" track is about $200 cheaper than those little 3/4" lug tracks that don't last long anyways. Put a 1.25" on it and will last a very long time as these sleds don't really have enough power to burn down the lugs...

I was planning a skid swap when I do it, I have a couple of skids in my garage, one from a '90 Phazer II, and the other from a '98 vmax sx. I'm not sure If I will make any of these changes this year or not.

I thought about just installing a 121" skid just so it sits a little higher and looks a little better, but making these rail extensions is the cheaper way to go right now...itll cost me about $10.00 to make a set.

I replaced my 116" Yamaha SS440 skid with a 1982 SRV 121". Same skid with the same travel just with longer rails so it worked well with the front leaf spring suspension and kept the sleds low center of gravity and weight transfer for stability and ski pressure. Just had to use the rear mounting brackets off of the SRV installed further back.

For a 136" you could look at using a stock Enticer long track skid like the 89 ET400LTR. I have an 89 ET400 long track if you need to know where the rear mounting holes for the skid are located.

I've been looking for the 7t 2.52 drivers for the square shaft, needed for converting to a 121, but have been unable to find them. Kimpex used to make them, but they are now discontinued. Most place can no longer get them. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone that has them on a shelf somewhere. Does anybody know if a hex shaft would fit the older Enticers?

Yamaha still sell them, but they are $72ea. The website I was on said $125 but I called and they said $72 so I guess they haven't updated in a while.

A used set will be a lot cheaper for sure...but it's hard to find them.
I'm just trying to find time now to go pick up a used set for $60.

As for the different shaft, most models take a different shaft from the next one.
There was a thread on here where the guy put in a hex shaft, but had to shorten it
And rethread it also. You would have to experiment for sure!

I replaced my 116" Yamaha SS440 skid with a 1982 SRV 121". Same skid with the same travel just with longer rails so it worked well with the front leaf spring suspension and kept the sleds low center of gravity and weight transfer for stability and ski pressure. Just had to use the rear mounting brackets off of the SRV installed further back.

For a 136" you could look at using a stock Enticer long track skid like the 89 ET400LTR. I have an 89 ET400 long track if you need to know where the rear mounting holes for the skid are located.

I'd love to do a 136" but then I would have to think the gears would need changing also and I only have a 121" track for it.

I can't believe they charge so much for a little chunk of plastic...or whatever material it is. Should be a lot cheaper that's forsure!

Me and a buddy put a 121 track on his kawasaki drifter, we just moved the skid back a bit. Worked out pretty good. Maybe not the best way but it was a $100 beater that we water skipped a few times

dug into the enticer tonight! I bought some 1/4" steel for the rail extensions, just need to make them now...still need to pick up those drivers and ill be on my way!

Im still working on the srx, but almost done with that...tossed my old W arm in the garbage and forgot to take out the cross shaft, washers, and bushings!;)!

theres another $50#$%&*

Well, I started by grinding off these metal rivets and then took a punch to punch them through.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 13

Back