who else doesnt have snow?

For a second there i thought we were finally gona have some snow. Nope.. That 20cm of snow was actually 20mm rain...

Holy Christ,i figured you guys were in the prime for snow.We got freezing rain for 3 hours(knocked out the power until morning,honda generator performed like a champ ),then thunder showers,now snowing like crazy(yet its not sticking on the country,just blowing around:o|).Last four days was pretty good in my backyard(new track on warrior works ,and phazers schmit brothers swaybar is great) but back to ice now.If I can get one back-country ride in I will be happy but its looking grim,with time running out:letitsnow.

Last edited:

Holy Christ,i figured you guys were in the prime for snow.We got freezing rain for 3 hours(knocked out the power until morning,honda generator performed like a champ ),then thunder showers,now snowing like crazy(yet its not sticking on the country,just blowing around:o|).Last four days was pretty good in my backyard(new track on warrior works ,and phazers schmit brothers swaybar is great) but back to ice now.If I can get one back-country ride in I will be happy but its looking grim,with time running out:letitsnow.

Some drifts. Everything else is half a foot of slop soon to be ice.

Finally got lucky and got in a 50 mile ride(half hour south of where I live)on a old cabin road.Conditions were good.So its official this winter didn,t suck as bad as 2010 around here:winterrulFeb 19 2015  (5).jpgFeb 19 2015  (2).jpgFeb 19 2015  (9).jpg.

Lake Superior is 90% frozen over and expected to fully freeze soon. That's a bummer for us since it shuts off the lake effect snow and then we rely on system snow only. Happened last year too. Good thing is we have decent snow with 3-4' in the woods and some places more, but the supply of fresh pow will be less now. :(

still raining.. Annual drags are canceld all together because of lack of snow and thin ice. (was supposed to be 2 weeks ago)

This year, just like last year, we have more snow than ever here in my section of NY, right near where NY, CT and MA meet. Unfortunately, due to two family members with serious illnesses and a job that keeps my running 80 hours a week, all I can do it a little polishing and wrenching on the sleds. We have had snow building up steadily since Jan. 1. I have 3 feet in the backyard. Hopefully, there will be good snow next season. This is one of the rare winters in which the ground has stayed covered.

Jim

theres some out brandon way but most is rock solid. temp light on the sled came on when it was -30 since theres not much for frech snow.

well it is warming up here now,maybe i last ride today.Temps in the plus side from tomorrow on.Didn't get many miles on sleds this time around.Looking forward to Spring anyways.

Blue, why are you looking forward to sping so soon? How much riding did you do this season? How is your SRX 700 running?

season is now over for me here,temps are up and snow is almost gone.Jim I did not get as much riding in as usual. First off on my second ride with the 600 long track SXR,spun a ring and took out cylinder,piston,rings..gonna rebuild when it warms up more.The SRX is consistent and running great.Altogether maybe put on some 500 miles total compared to 3000 in a good winter.It has been to cold for a long spell and I just want it to warm up already.I am not riding in -45 C windchill temps.I see you didn't do much riding yourself..

today was in the low 30s. still have a couple foot base on the trails and in the mtns there is close to 4 ft. ill be riding into april. sweeeeeeet

Back