here it is

staggs65

rode it this afternoon for about 60 miles. First impression I love it. Handles awesome. Pulls like a freight train. And listening to that turbo is the best. I rode with my normal riding buddy. We did one of our regular runs and everything just seems to slow down on this sled. What normally feels like you're pushing it on my other sleds felt like a leisurely pace on this sled. So far my only regret is not doing it sooner.

So I started this thread because a few people requested some pics. From here I'll give my running review from the perspective of a srx fanatic.

So the first afternoon of riding was a getting to know you experience. That initial impression was all positive. And here's the big thing for me. I've had some pretty potent sleds but the first time I nailed this thing it was actually quite shocking.

Day 2.
I have a better feel for the sled. Getting comfortable with it. I've gotten over the "oh my god" phase when I mash it so now I'm paying attention to the rest of the package.

First I'm over revving by quite a bit. Not a sled problem but still needs to be addressed.

Second and my first negative. I read about complaints of this sled pushing in the corners and a lot of people are changing the skis. I told my dealer to change out the carbides to an aftermarket 6 inch inner and 4 inch outer. (Stock is just a 2 inch inner and just a wear bar outer). They didn't have any 4 inch in stock so they moved the 2 inch stockers to the outside and put 6 inch shaper bars on the inside. On day one it was cold and hard pack and the sled railed through the corners. Today it was in the 30s and the trails were beat up and loose. It does push in the turns in these conditions. It always grabbed and made the turns and I trusted it more as time went on but it was unnerving at first. It actually turns better through the turns in these conditions if you stay on the power.

Now the positive. This weekend was our local snofest. The trails get beat on this weekend. Normally I park the srx by Saturday afternoon on this weekend. This sled ate up the junk trails.

beautiful sled, been looking at these as well. The one thing that really makes me want one is the abundance of parts that these sleds will have. chassis has been out since 2012, thats the reason why i love my viper so much just because i can go pretty much any where and find what i need. Love the colors! Need videos of the pull!

Those look like the tuner skis....I have them on my 2013 nytro xtx and run 4" on the inside and 2" on the outside... I noticed the same thing of pushing... I seemed to also notice that backing out of the gas for a sec allows the skis bite hard and turn no matter how soft the trails. Congrats on the purchase!!!!!!

Back