here it is

Great looking sled!!!!!!!!!
That will be my next ride for sure

Congrats on that beautiful sled, great choice in colors.

Now being an SRX fanatic, on a smooth, hardpack trail with some straights and twistys, which is better ?

I know the answer, I'm just hoping you make the rest of us normal people happy lol.

Congrats again, and keep the updates coming.

Congrats on that beautiful sled, great choice in colors.

Now being an SRX fanatic, on a smooth, hardpack trail with some straights and twistys, which is better ?

I know the answer, I'm just hoping you make the rest of us normal people happy lol.

Congrats again, and keep the updates coming.

well on a perfect trail we all know it's hard to beat a srx. But on the average trails what felt fast on the srx feels slower on this sled.

here's another trait of this sled that may be good for some and not for others.

This sled rides really stiff. I'm a big guy and have the rear in the softest setting and it's stiff. This is good if you like to attack the bumps. It actually feels better the harder you work it. My Apex was a much plusher ride. So that depends on what you like.

I see the fox floats up front, what is the set up in the rear skid? I assume your Apex has the Mono? Justin from FP advised that "once you try boost, you cant live without it!"

I've heard if you get the Cat version they run a softer suspension have you heard anything like this ? I wish I never read this post ....... I was amost over my needing one ��

Great points, it's nice to hear an honest opinion from someone in the SRX family. Keep them coming

Rode down here in New York for the first time Thursday night. The trails where I'm working are very tight and twisty. Barely a sled wide. I was riding with another guy that I work with. He has a 06 600 IQ. He thought he was going to be able to lose me in the woods because he was on a smaller lighter sled. Wrong. When he led I was on his bumper. When I led I couldn't even see his headlight behind me. Liking this sled more and more each time I ride it.
The suspension is starting to loosen up. I bottomed out once or twice. Still on the softest setting. Going to bump that up. Still think the valving could use work though. Going to send them out in the off season.
Going out today with a local guy to some bigger trails. See how it does on those trails against his 15 800 doo.

sled looks amazing! love the colors, and the honest account of the sled. if I had the cash that would be in my garage as well. congrats!

Rode down here in New York for the first time Thursday night. The trails where I'm working are very tight and twisty. Barely a sled wide. I was riding with another guy that I work with. He has a 06 600 IQ. He thought he was going to be able to lose me in the woods because he was on a smaller lighter sled. Wrong. When he led I was on his bumper. When I led I couldn't even see his headlight behind me. Liking this sled more and more each time I ride it.
The suspension is starting to loosen up. I bottomed out once or twice. Still on the softest setting. Going to bump that up. Still think the valving could use work though. Going to send them out in the off season.
Going out today with a local guy to some bigger trails. See how it does on those trails against his 15 800 doo.

I know the 800 doo's are fast but a turbo'd viper should have a good shot at taking them down..lol once you hit the wider trails you should be able to open it up more. Should head up to Speculator before the warm weather eats up the trails. Also I hear the Mullivile trails are really good and not as far away. You could leave from Galway and ride out. I personally have not been on those trails and don't know them to well. Have fun and like the reviews.

I wish they'd bring back an all yamaha srx in a big dirty tripple smoker, at least the viper is still around, that sled is sweet, rode with one today, what a machine bud, pain in the *** to keep up with those things in the trail even without the turbonic multiplying wind dispenser on em, you've got a beautiful sled there man, in the right colour too, put a turbo on the srx and line em up, let us know what happens lol

Overall I really love this sled. It has it's quirks as it comes but they all do. The biggest one is the tuner skis. They're the worst. They worked great tonight on hard pack but last weekend on soft loose snow they're down right scary. A set of curves are on the short list. The midrange pull is absolutely addicting. I had one of the srx's with me last weekend and had the urge to ride it. After getting used to the sr viper and hopping back on the srx you guys aren't going to want to hear what I have to say. Put it this way, I'll keep one or two just to have around but the rest are going to find new owners.

Is it just due to the carbide setup on them or the tuner skis themselves? Do you think if the trails were pristine you could keep the same pace in corners as on the srx?

Back