Guess what sled is being pampered again!

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
Well many of you have seen this sled before and it is now being taken all apart again. We are going over many of the things we missed from last year and doing many more things to it this year. Here are some pics I took of it today out on the lawn at the shop. I will try to keep you guys updated on the progress we make on it as weeks go by.

Attachments

• PA021878.JPG
    PA021878.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 147
  • Copy of PA021882.JPG
    Copy of PA021882.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Copy of PA021885.JPG
    Copy of PA021885.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Copy of PA021884.JPG
    Copy of PA021884.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Copy of PA021895.JPG
    Copy of PA021895.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 149

Just a repampering, I already polished a couple things today that you can see in the last picture, like the hydralic brake cover on the handlebars, and a piece that rivets to the belly pan and directs flow inside the hood. Mainly this year, we are doing some engine work, cylinder polishing completly, water rail polishing, chroming brake assembly. Stuff like that, you will see shortly.

i thought that thing already looked pretty damn good, can't wait to see the work done. :kw

you should get a all blue windshield, and then a polished diamond plate skid-plate, and make a scoop to replace the plastic one for the brake out of some aluminum!!! that'd be cool!!! then send the pipes in and get them ceramakoted, or chromed!!!

I was thinking about getting a chrome windshield and dremeling it to the desired look. The brake plastic cooling scoop out of aluminum is a nice Idea and I never thought of that. The skid plate on bottom will probably just get polished but I also like the idea of the diamond plating. Thanks for these ideas, keep them coming.

I have a question about the skis. Why metal skis? Don't they create more friction against the snow, freeze to the ground compared to plastic ones? Also, how can they be lighter when they are of metal (I assume you didn't replace the stock ones with heavier ones). But they do look shiney and really stand out :)

The skis are made from 6061 aluminum, they are heat treated for extra strength and they come polished. You can ask anyone who has come to any shows we have been at and they will tell you how light the skis are. They are a total of 4 pounds lighter then the stockers. As for more friction, they are very smooth on the bottom and give a great glide and do not have any more friction.

I am going back down to the shop right now to continue process on this project and will get some pictures of what has been accomplished today.

i think if you'd be better off goin with a blue windy on the sled. its a smoother transition and it just blends in well. where as the chrome may stick out a little to drastically. all the chrome and polishin you've done so far looks awesome, i was just sayin that a chrome windy may detract from its looks. if you balance the blue with the chrome then it will be awesome. heck while your at it, if you have access to and its something you can tinker with, i'd make and aluminum airbox. you could bring it up closer to the hood, put a foam strip around it to suction it close to the hood so that the under-hood heat won't enter, and then if you do something like benders srx cold air intake, it could draw cool air straight from the outside. i've always wanted to tinker with the idea of cuttin two holes out ouf the windy towards the bottom front, and mold them kinda like the cobra nostril found on some mustangs with the hood scoops, and have it tunnel straight down and into the air box. put a little prefilter over it and its instance cold-ram air!!! kinda like the viper's ram air but refined, cuz the vipers ram air isn't all that "ramming". but i've fixed that on my project sled ;)!!! if your gonna do some engine work you could get hauck's venom heads (maybe the will have some without the "venom" engraved on them) that are billet aluminum and their billet cooling rail comes with it. then you wouldn't have to polish your rail, and you got better cooling as well! you can lose that antifreeze jug and get a smaller polaris "tube" style overflow bottle. gives you a little cleaner look, little less weight, and its different!!! polish the cap on that sucker as well!! go to jegs or somewhere and get their aluminum coolant hose (the fatter one on the sled) that is a polished hose with anodized blue ends, that'd look sweet!!! go through and replace the hoses with some of the clear blue urethane lines that you can find on ebay for dirt cheap!!! i forget the two sizes of them. i think the smaller one is 1/8 and the larger is 3/16. i believe thats correct. take your coils off, replace the wires with some hotwyrz (they are colored, you should get blue!!!) but DON'T RIP THEM OUT!!! I mad this mistake. I think its ngk that sells a splicer that you cut off a little stub from the coil and put it on and put the new wire onto. then go chrome the bracket that holds the coils, as well as the linkage on your carbs. i wouldn't get any of those wire wraps or cheap, cheazy plastic tubes to run your wires through that come in colors as it just makes it look like a wal-mart job and really tacky. keep your wires just how they are, i mean thats the beauty in an engine ;)!!! thats all i got for now, done gave away some of my secrets!!! let me know if you need anymore ideas!!! (like a wicked chaincase thats already polished ;)!!!

...can't believe i forgot to mention YOU NEED SOME RIMS!!! i'd go for those new billet yamaha ones or even those blue plastic spoke ones look good!!!

Here is the most recent pictures, The suspension and the bulkhead are coming out over the weekend. While I am at it, anybody got a viper gas tank in good condition they want to sell? Here are the pictures, I will take more next time I go down to the shop and they will be of other things.

Attachments

• Copy of DCAM0010.JPG
    Copy of DCAM0010.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Copy of DCAM0011.JPG
    Copy of DCAM0011.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 52
  • Copy of DCAM0013.JPG
    Copy of DCAM0013.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 35
  • Copy of DCAM0014.JPG
    Copy of DCAM0014.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 38
Bruce,
That thing looks awesome ;)! :rockon:
But, can you say "Someone's got WAY too much time on their hands"!
Thanks for bringing my track up to Hay Days.
Mills

That sled is more then just nice!

I have heard alot about the aluminum ski's. With the aluminum they stay polished on the bottom side, unlike the plastic which scratch up. Thus..making them faster ;)! .

My opinion..chrome windy, just because I like the chrome.

Any if I did all that work to my sled, I would wreck it first time out for sure :o|

Keep us posted.

Back