What's 2017 Going to Bring?

I'll keep my triple thanks. Everybody so hung up on weight they can't see past the big twins ability to shake themselves to death. Guess what, for 99% of riders the weight is prolly irrelevant till you get stuck. Mountains not included.

Less weight can be felt at any time and is a huge benefit. Only reason i can see to buy a viper over a 2 stroke cat is reliability. The 2 stroke will feel ligher and drive better with more power.

If they bring the Mountain Max back...I'll be back on blue. 450lbs, don't care if 2s or 4s. Narrow. 150 something track. 160+ ponies. Not asking much, right? I'm patiently awaiting the release. For now, I will say, the summit is pretty dang sweet. But a new MM would be sweeterer. :)

Last edited:
If they bring the Mountain Max back...I'll be back on blue. 450lbs, don't care if 2s or 4s. Narrow. 150 something track. 160+ ponies. Not asking much, right? I'm patiently awaiting the release. For now, I will say, the summit is pretty dang sweet. But a new MM would be sweeterer. :)

I was wondering where you have been Mike. My mtn max mod sled is sweet, a relaunched one would be way sweet though. Losing faith in blue after what's been put out the last 12 years. They have been true to yamaha's beliefs and don't sacrifice anything but they also don't excite me either.

Been lurking...wishing and waiting for a return to the blue side. I know I'm hearing what I want to in that teaser video, but it sure sounds 2stroke'ish to me. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Hot off the doo spy photo presses...

IF it's legit, it's allegedly an 850, 178hp

Plastics are all different.
Tunnel is different, no rear cooler.
Front end is different, where the lower A-arms attach is blocked off instead of open.

Attachments

• 575fbb61549b5b2deb21c6d5a059b02e.jpg
    575fbb61549b5b2deb21c6d5a059b02e.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Less weight can be felt at any time and is a huge benefit. Only reason i can see to buy a viper over a 2 stroke cat is reliability. The 2 stroke will feel ligher and drive better with more power.

I only notice it when I have to lift it or turn it around on a narrow trail. What is the huge benefit I'm missing?

Hot off the doo spy photo presses...

IF it's legit, it's allegedly an 850, 178hp

Plastics are all different.
Tunnel is different, no rear cooler.
Front end is different, where the lower A-arms attach is blocked off instead of open.

Same chassis,but new supposed 850cc etec will add a few ponies,not much to the seat.Great find Yoopermike.

It wasn't hard to find. There's 10 threads on dootalk right now! Someone even posted a supposed new Renegade pic.

Attachments

• fd3f892fe48dcee34eaf8ebb0831d33d.jpg
    fd3f892fe48dcee34eaf8ebb0831d33d.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 22
I think out of everything that is ALLEGEDLY coming out for them, I'm most intrigued by their new clutch(s). My summit runs HOT. It's not a belt eater, but it's no Yamaha. I remember I could easily hold my hand on my MM clutch, and it was just warm. I can touch the sheaves on the smut for about a second or two at most without feeling some major discomfort.

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to ask you to bring a 2 stroke to Yamaha's lineup come March 1st, with the best clutches in the world, and best fit and finish known to man. Amen.

It wasn't hard to find. There's 10 threads on dootalk right now! Someone even posted a supposed new Renegade pic.

That's a very odd hood with that flat snout and almost shark like mouth opening. Almost reminiscent of the original rev but it's flatter.

How is Yamaha going to offer a factory turbo when they have had rods imploding all hear on vipers? Someone in the know, was it a "design change" or a bad batch of rods that weren't heat treated properly?

Bad rods, hurricane posted a thread in the viper section on the 4 stroke side showing differences in rods in 16s. What's unknown as of yet is how many have the bad rods. It almost seems like a bad batch made it through.

stopped in at my dealer today...word is another re branded cat chassis with a yamaha influenced 800 2 stroke...built at the cat plant. kinda sounds like the only thing yamaha will be the decals...direct oil injection as well.

Back