What's 2017 Going to Bring?

you guys think Yamaha Headquarters is reading this on here??? Unlikely !!! Hey the price for the new sleds will be over the top,so sales will fall no matter what they come up with.I love my SRX and love 2 -strokes..period

Im not brand loyal. If i have a choice of sleds of the same chassis and one is a lighter more power 2 stroke im going to buy that one. Reliability isnt everything and from all the horror stories of these vipers they are far from a rock solid reliable sled. Yamaha has to offer me something that is a superior riding sled than the cat or be close to it with reliability to make me spend my hard earned money on it.

Yamaha needs to be Yamaha again. They NEED to make a new Yamaha only sled to get people's faith back...

Looking at all the mountain sled options that were available in 02 when mine was built the edge chassis was a heavy brick the doo was kind of innovative and the cat was old technology. I have a gen 2 136 as a trail sled and I am not all that impressed with it as far as innovation goes. It's a 1981 wedge with a new hood. The bulkhead is all steel and xtra-10 is a tank. The sx chassis really was innovative with its aluminum bulkhead and the long travel pro action really was class leading in its day. Those are the new and innovative things I'd like to see again.

I didn't think the mtx got the bone spindles this year and I thought they kept the wide stance since it would see more time on trail. I hope that's not a "big upgrade" but I'm sure it will be.

I didn't think the mtx got the bone spindles this year and I thought they kept the wide stance since it would see more time on trail. I hope that's not a "big upgrade" but I'm sure it will be.

This was available for 2016. The front end is wider and it also has a sway bar.

Last edited:
New plastic,the catamaha continues on for 2017.....................plot thins:Bore:View attachment 60772
too bad....another fail by Yamaha...Might as well team with the chinese company Gio next for their ATV's too...after all they are on the same level as Cat....so basically a cat with new colors and a yamaha decal. hold on to them vipers, srx's, vmax etc as they are likely the last of the "real" yamaha 2 stroke not some re-branded pos from a sub par company.

I just checked over on the 4s forum...man there's a lot of doo haters there. Pure Yamaha enthusiasts to put it nicely! Anyone got anything new to share?

I just checked over on the 4s forum...man there's a lot of doo haters there. Pure Yamaha enthusiasts to put it nicely! Anyone got anything new to share?

90% of people dont like the look of the new doo chassis. I actually like it and that new 850

Yeah, I like the new summit a lot. But I've been sippin' the yellow koolaid for 2 seasons now. 850 motor looks pretty awesome in design, no more isoflex. New clutching...what's not to like about the overall sled package? Still got my fingers crossed for Yammi tho. They need something stellar this year.

Yeah, I like the new summit a lot. But I've been sippin' the yellow koolaid for 2 seasons now. 850 motor looks pretty awesome in design, no more isoflex. New clutching...what's not to like about the overall sled package? Still got my fingers crossed for Yammi tho. They need something stellar this year.

Doo is going to put themselves out of the parts business with the 850. They have been the first to look at the 2 stroke longjevity problem from outside the box. Make the rotating assembly bulletproof, oil the bearings instead of packing them with mystery goo and increase displacement without increasing horsepower. That's pretty much how our continuous duty marine diesels run forever. Not sure why snow goer advertised 10 more hp the 800 etec was always 166 after the break in reflash.

Looking at some of the media output from the do dealer show they have been able to let us hold our heads high. The yami triples were engineered so the motor was centered in the sled. Perfectly engineered weight distribution! This new 850 is something like 3" closer to centerline because the motor is narrower but it's still offset to the clutch side like every other twin.

In regards to the HP numbers, I think Doo claimed it was originally 155, and they had a 3rd party dyno say it was 163.something. So, they're going at 10 over their originally claimed number from the 800 motor, that's the way I am understanding it. I agree, either way, even if it does stay the same HP, it's a BIG improvement. Especially if that new clutch puts more of the available HP to the track. 6 more days and we'll know what we're getting/not getting from big blue.

Lets see how this new "850" holds up. They seem to build and throw out to the public without any long term testing. How many BRP sleds haven't had the engine touched??? My loyalty is still Yamaha. My triple is over 10,000 and no problems. Think these 850's will last that long?? Don't think so. Remember the 800R?? R stood for rebuild.

although i don't know if yamaha will be back in the 2 stroke game, it did slip my mind that they came out with the yz250x and they reworked the engine on that 2 stroke monster... maybe there is hope.

although i don't know if yamaha will be back in the 2 stroke game, it did slip my mind that they came out with the yz250x and they reworked the engine on that 2 stroke monster... maybe there is hope.
Why couldn't they do that with the sleds?! They could take an srx or viper, rework the old triple and make some suspensions changes. I'd buy one for sure!

Why couldn't they do that with the sleds?! They could take an srx or viper, rework the old triple and make some suspensions changes. I'd buy one for sure!

I would love to see it, there's more hoops to jump through with sleds and that costs money. Bikes still aren't regulated by emission standards because they are "race vehicles"

Back