Anyone still running 500-600 twins?

The leaking is on top of the cylinder head. It comes through by a head stud, I checked that :) Not sure how the leakage of a manifold gasket would end up there? But now I'm open for just about any explanation, because if the gasket had a tear on it it would for sure let out the coolant.
You not supplying enough detail will get you an answer like that. Ill let you figure it out.

I hope this can clarify things.

Attachments

• Leak from head stud.jpg
    Leak from head stud.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 14
odds are the bottom of the stud is in a coolant jacket and needs new teflon sealant to stop the coolant from going up the stud.

Yes, I am, I saw it (and heard it) fizzling from the nut nearest the boost bottle.

Seems like the head is warped, now it leaks coolant. What year v-max is the hauck thin headgasket from?

I dialed in the tempaflow on the venture once more, and what a difference, just turning that screw made the sled run much harder and the mileage went from 9,5 mpg to about 11, 11,39 is the record now.

I do not get it why the gps shows the same whether the sled shows 145 (90) or 153 (just under 94) on the speedo. Why? The gps shows 82,6 mph or 133 kmh

Oh, that’s right. And you also have a 600 SX, i just remembered seeing the pic of your 600 head that was spitting gas or coolant.

Yea spitting through the headgasket, that is fixed now. Yes that's one of my other sleds.

Yea, but an explenation? I don't get this at all, LOL
Don’t know if this will help but I know I have my gps is set for a 10 second data record interval for general tracking purposes. I would have to hold top speed for at least 10 seconds to be sure it is accurately recorded at this setting. For a speed run I would set it for 1 second interval so I don’t run out of lake.

Back