one day in february

wow, thats a lot of pretty neat info that I didnt know about those old x sleds :) guess you have a more unique sled than I had originally thought :)

even though i am biased i believe mine is super unique. i have added oil injection, low comp domes, had to go to #5 base gasket as this motor was tight from the factory (160 psi with low comp domes), custom clutching from northern catalyst (dynamo joe fame), stretched skid rails to 136 with mountain machines rail extensions (with 8" wheel config), mountain machines billett wheels in the whole skid, the upper rear oem cross shaft idlers were offset so, i had to machine the rear cross member tube and then get spacers to get the proper axle spacing required for a non offset billet wheel, stretched tunnel to 144 had to have the extension custom fabbed as they don not make one for the zx X chassis, rear bumper from a summit highmark rev (24") rear rack from a mountain cat with the proper doo tail lamp. chromed the trailing arms, usi project X skis, egts, water temp gauge, custom graphics where the number plates go. ect.... i like the sled, just needs more power upstairs. lol! the zxX race chassis is quite a bit different than the consumer version as well, stiffer, wider boards, more bracings. it's is a light fun sled to whip around on in the deep, and the trails it is a point and shoot rocket. it is the funnest sled i have been on zero to 70. ski

Attachments

• xmas440.jpg
    xmas440.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
  • eyescrossed.jpg
    eyescrossed.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 5
  • croppedjump.jpg
    croppedjump.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Ski-lake_on_the_side.jpg
    Ski-lake_on_the_side.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
skidooboy said:
even though i am biased i believe mine is super unique. i have added oil injection, low comp domes, had to go to #5 base gasket as this motor was tight from the factory (160 psi with low comp domes), custom clutching from northern catalyst (dynamo joe fame), stretched skid rails to 136 with mountain machines rail extensions (with 8" wheel config), mountain machines billett wheels in the whole skid, the upper rear oem cross shaft idlers were offset so, i had to machine the rear cross member tube and then get spacers to get the proper axle spacing required for a non offset billet wheel, stretched tunnel to 144 had to have the extension custom fabbed as they don not make one for the zx X chassis, rear bumper from a summit highmark rev (24") rear rack from a mountain cat with the proper doo tail lamp. chromed the trailing arms, usi project X skis, egts, water temp gauge, custom graphics where the number plates go. ect.... i like the sled, just needs more power upstairs. lol! the zxX race chassis is quite a bit different than the consumer version as well, stiffer, wider boards, more bracings. it's is a light fun sled to whip around on in the deep, and the trails it is a point and shoot rocket. it is the funnest sled i have been on zero to 70. ski

Haha, I have had the pleasure of spending the day riding this sled due to a brain fart of sorts & it's a blast!!!! Thanks again buddy ;) :bling:

sounds like a hell of a sled! so you miss the top end of the srx?? that was a sweet sled as well :) looks nice man, real nice!

Thats my kind of riding....great group, little off trail exploring and just a good time by all!

familyman said:
Thats my kind of riding....great group, little off trail exploring and just a good time by all!

Very true! Have to say that I have met some awsome people off this T/Y forum & just have a riot with them summer & winter. ;)

Wow, Thanks for the info. I have not seen it, he hasn't even ridden it and wants to sell. No snow and he has too many toys, the reality of bills hit him I think. He said he bought it for 2400, it sounds like I wouldn't have the time to get into something like that but if the price becomes right I may consider. Thanks again, XC.

Back