Guess what sled is being pampered again!

Here are a few miscellaneous pics of my sled for you guys to look at aswell. One pictures is of my polished brake caliper. Another picture is of my newly painted secondary wind plate. The wind plate was a little more difficult because I had to polish the galvanized steel and then paint it with the transparent blue. The picture does not truly show the color of the plate. Lastly is a picture of my newly polished spindals. When we sell our spindals in a kit, they just come machined from 7075 T6 aluminum but I decided to polish those up aswell. Here are the updates for today. enjoy. :bling:

So far, the beauty of this project is that it has been pretty low budget. Most of the things I have done are polishing and making the sled look good without paying a thing. I did all of the polishing. If I get the pipes, that will be a little costly but I am getting them used. As for the belt drive, it was laying around the shop so I decided to go with it. I got a viper gas tank for my sled this year instead of having the screws from the srx gas tank there. That was about $70. I am also going to get some clear tail lights and rotating bulbs which will be about $50. Mostly it is us just making parts for the sled so it is hard to put a price on it. Most of the changes I have made come from polishing which is free.

hey, free is good man!!! that thing is commin together nicely!!! should take it to SEMA or somethin!!! for real tho, are you gonna use that as the "CB" sled when you go to shows? looks great matt!!!

come on we all know all that polishing isn't free, anybody can tell ya time is money, and you have enough time in there to flip a pretty penny :bling:

your father told me to add $10 to a $315 track & he will have you polish my sled the same way.he also said he wasnt going to tell you...

Dude you must have arms like POPEYE from all that polishing!!!
That sled should be in some mags. Seriously.
First time I read through all 18 PAGES of posts, all I can say is
WOW!
Have you ever figured out how much it would cost someone with a stock srx to get to the point of yours?
Keep up the GREAT work dude.

mul

wow, a little off topic, but that is an impressive video of your carbides! and back on topic.... how many hours total to do your sled? keep track at all?

srxbully said:
how much???

If you buy the track, I will only charge you $10 more for the belt gaurd just like my dad said. If you want me to do the water rail, you would have to take everything off of it and it would probably be around $40-$45. Let me know.

As for me doing someone elses srx in stock form and bringing it to this, there would be a large turn around time (1 month or more) and It is hard to put a price on it but probably around $1,500.

FOr my sled, I bet I have around 85 Hours or more of polishing on my sled. With most of the things I polish, I have to sand them first so I take it on a wheel then I have to polish. Many of the things I polish are very strange so It can take some time.

looks like at least 85 hours lol! cant say it enough, that sled is amazing. never sell it, you just cant!

Alright guys, worked pretty hard today and got many things done. First, which I dont have pictures of but I polished my rear suspension rails to a mirror. Next, we finally customized our very own aluminum steering post and it came out being a little over a pound lighter then the stock one and I polished it obviously so it really looks much nicer then stock. Also, the motor is all back together and as you can see is being thrown back into the sled. I got so many pieces chromed on my motor it is difficult to list them all but you can notice most of the things that have been chromed. I even went as far as chroming my cap on my coolant tank. Anything you can think of, it has probably been chromed. The stock jack shaft has been painted blue also. Enough typing, here are the pictures, there are alot this week so enjoy. Also, all of the spark plug wires and power valve cables will be covered with chrome looming which is a covering. Should look pretty sweet.

Here is the engine with the carbs on it!

Last edited:

Back