Guess what sled is being pampered again!

I used the 1500* paint on a heatsheild above a turbo. it was silver, and ended up having a nice yellow burnt tinge to it :(

lol, didn't even touch her, we had the novi show this weekend and havent had the chance to work on her, the engine was actually brought to the Novi show for an attention getter but little did we know the booth across from us had two chicks with tight dresses and low cut tops. People who came to our booth know what I am talking about.

I will let you know what happens when I start working on the sled again.

Last edited:
ok, how about now?!?! haha, i'm gettin pretty bad these days. i only got next week before i get the week of for thanksgiving, then i can get to powdercoating and such hopefully ;)! dang these dorm rooms, i'm not one to be locked in a box!!!

So what kinda money am I looking at to have my whole sled polished like this during the off season? Remember my front end will already be done by you. How bout anodizing, you guys do any of that yourselves?

Alright guys, I know it has been a while but here are some updates. I am down at the shop right now so when I return home later tonight I will post all of the stuff I have done. Here is a load of pieces I got back from the chromer to make this sled stand out even more. Thanks and more updates later today.

Attachments

• DCAM0001.JPG
    DCAM0001.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DCAM0004.JPG
    DCAM0004.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 10
yah guys, they arent much of updates but the motor is back together right now (no picture) and will be put in shortly. Here are some picture updates for you guys. The steering block got chromedand we also made an aluminum steering rod for more weight savings and it is polished. The slide rails and brake rotor are getting machined for less weight. The black caliper also got polished aswell as the belt drive. It should look pretty sweet!

Attachments

• DCAM0008.JPG
    DCAM0008.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DCAM0009.JPG
    DCAM0009.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DCAM0179.JPG
    DCAM0179.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DCAM0177.JPG
    DCAM0177.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DCAM0181.JPG
    DCAM0181.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 17
all I gotta say is......... holy CRAP!!! that thing still amazes, even after seeing it a dozen+ times lol!

okay, We figured now that we have gone this far we are going to go the entire way. We are chroming all steel parts on my sled and are now splitting the crankcase in two and polishing the case. It will not be fun for me at all but polishing it will be one hell of a workout. I will keep you guys updated and here are some pics of something I did yesterday. I swapped out my stock steel one and changed it with an aluminum one that comes stock on a viper. It saved a quart pound too. Also, I think we are going to be going with some aaen pipes for this sled so if we are pleased with them MY stock pipes will be for sale and right now they are polished to a mirror. Here is a pic of what I changed out yesterday.

wow, thats amazing! why the aaens? do they actually make power, or just a weight saving thing? looking great as always

okay guys, here is the latest. This project is taking longer then I expected because there are so many parts that we are custom making and many part I am waiting on to get chromed. As of right now, I am waiting on a steering post made from aluminum, gear for the belt drive, aluminum drive axel, aluminum w-arm, aluminum transfer rods, and more aluminum rear suspension parts. I got the motor put back together after polishing many of the parts on it. I polished the waterpump casing, pullstart assembly, engine mount brackets, coil holder, cylinders, heads, and water rail. Also on the engine, I am waiting to get the steel engine mount pieces chromed. I am also getting some wire covers for my powervalve cables and my spark plug wires which are blue. Once I get those mounts back, the engine will be ready to be put back in once the steering post is complete. Here are some pictures of where I am at right now. Hey guys, noticed how I touched up on my water rail.

Back