Guess what sled is being pampered again!

..(deja vu) DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNN!!!!!!!! will the sticker still stick once you take it off? or can you buy a new one from yamaha? matt, those look killer!!!! nice job!!! what all do you have left now?

Thanks guys, the sticker should work however, if it doesn't we may order up a new one or glue it on or something but it should work. As for what is left, we have to send a couple things out to the chromer before I can put my front end back together. We have to do a little porting to the cylinders, and make a belt drive gear, and finish making parts for the rear suspension (forgot to tell you guys it is all apart.) Thanks

Hey guys, I didn't go down to the shop today but my dad took some pictures for me with the head bolts I polished and painted last night installed. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• PA241948.JPG
    PA241948.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
  • PA241947.JPG
    PA241947.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PA241946.JPG
    PA241946.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 9
  • PA241945.JPG
    PA241945.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 10
  • head.JPG
    head.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 11
holy shmoly!!! i have to admit, i was skeptical of painting the bolts, but hey thats sweet lookin!!! what'd be cool is tapin off that yamaha on the water rail and doin it the same. but that may be a pain. thats really sweet lookin!!!!

looks terrible. ooops, sorry. I am a cumpulsive liar, it actually looks awesome as usual lol! you have a strong ethic to get it finished, and some talent man! nice work!

WOW!

You guys should call the Discovery Channel and have them start an O.C.C. type show for sleds featuring your work!!!

Hell, I will call them and tell them to myslef. It would be awesome to see how you guys do all that great polishing and custom work. I am sure I would learn more than one or two things.

Greate Job!!!

Mills

lol, thanks mills

Since I value all of your opinions so greatly, I was wondering what you guys think I should do with my headers and the paint on my pipes, there are many high temp paints that come in all different colors but I was wondering what you guys thought would look best. (blue, silver, leave it black, polished with clear paint over it?) Let me know from these choices what you think would look best. If you feel very bored and want to try to help me get a feel for the color, here are a couple pictures that you guys can photoshop for me so I can see what color looks the best. Please help me decide, thanks.

Also keep in mind that the heads and cylinders and water rail is polished now.

Attachments

• Copy of PA021884.JPG
    Copy of PA021884.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Copy of PA021885.JPG
    Copy of PA021885.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PA151227.JPG
    PA151227.JPG
    484.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DCAM0121.JPG
    DCAM0121.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
why not ceramicoat in black chrome? something different, and I think it would set it off nice. either that or as black as you can get with the stock heatsheilds. otherwise, too much of the same (polished) but the blue would look cool with the bolts...

i'd ceramakote em. the paint type silver wouldn't look as good, and i've never heard of high heat clear. blue may work by i don't think it will stand up to the heat.

I made up my mind (I think) and I am going to spray them with a very high temp black paint (2000 degree). This I know will stand up to the heat. VHT flameproof coatings have tons of different colors that are 1500 degrees including clear, blue, yellow, gold, aluminum, gray, black, white, and so on. Do you guys think white would look good, other wise I think I am sticking with the black just a higher temp. Thanks

white I think would look nice, but may turn a dingy color in the high heat of the manifold..... just a thought

Back