Oil change over??? BLUE MARBLE

yamvip

Well at Novi,I desided to try some of this Blue Marble,I'm really curious how this oil is going to work,its kinda interesting,if it does what they say.I'll let everyone know the results as time goes on......

what did you change from? Whats wrong with yamalube? and what do they promise?

yamalube is not a great oil by any means. Run it for 5000 miles and look at the wear on your piston skirts and cylinder walls and compare them to a sled that ran amsoil or klotz or another high quality synthetic oil and you will see the difference. Also yamalube is not very clean on the exhaust valves, and smokes a fair amount.

Last edited:
yamaholic22 said:
yamalube is not that bad of an oil, but its not a great oil by any means. Run it for 5000 miles and look at the wear on your piston skirts and cylinder walls and compare them to a sled that ran amsoil or klotz or another high quality synthetic oil and you will see the difference. Also yamalube is not very clean on the exhaust valves, and smokes a fair amount.

so i take it yamaholic you do not run yamalube?

what do you use??

it claims,better gas milage,cleaner valves,less blowby,a lot less smoke,and I was told people saw a increase of hp.and rpms.They showed me the dyno numbers and the valves,and pistons,so i figured what the heck,i'll try it and see.

yamvip said:
it claims,better gas milage,cleaner valves,less blowby,a lot less smoke,and I was told people saw a increase of hp.and rpms.They showed me the dyno numbers and the valves,and pistons,so i figured what the heck,i'll try it and see.

cool......keep us posted.

I actually run Amsoil Interceptor, but there are also several other great oils out there

Was thinking going that route but didn't want to mess with the pump settings.
Plus if this is all its cracked up too be I'll be quite the happy camper.

My personal experience has shown it to be a very good oil for this application. Very little wear, very good pour point, low smoke, and tolerable smell. Most of the other claims are in a best case scenario. If you switch from a very good oil to begin with, the benefits are not as noticeable. As stated above, there are a lot of very good oils out there. Find one you like and stick with it.

I've run it in my Superjet in the past and noticed a difference in less smoke and odor, but not much else. I haven't used it in the sled, but may try some this season. I typically run Klotz in everything.

Yeah,I used to run yamalube,and my power valves look terrible.And the smell is driving me nuts.So for double the price of yamlube this stuff better be good!!

I've always used yamalube many years now, no probs. but if somthing
a little better comes along i may have to look at it. :yam:

anybody have some info on BLUE MARBLE ??

Last edited:
I have info. dynotech research tried it and LOST horsepower. think it may be OVER hyped, unfortunately :( if I wasnt using yamalube, probably amsoil or ipone I think. MAY try a change this winter, see how I feel lol!

Do you have a link for the dynotech info.
Yamvip what did you pay for your Blue Marble.
I can tell you it smokes less at start up than Amsoil Interceptor, and clears out what little there is faster than amsoil. Guess there will be 2 of us testing it this year LOL Maxdlx

I can get a link, but it is a pay service, does this matter? basically what it says is that a dealer tried it and gained on their newer polaris twin, but the guy took it home and came backa week later and made more power. one of the guys that works for dynotech tried it and says he did so so he would KNOW what was done to the sled, and that nothing but the oil was changed......... it was on an older xlt and he re-gained hiw lost power once going back to the old polaris oil. if noone thinks it is bad I will post the link :)

Here is the skinny. I have run yamalube in every sled that I have owned. Zero problems. Not saying that the other oils are better or worse. But I have driven sleds with synthtic oil and my Yammies and guess what? I never noticed a power difference. These sled are research by the the factory with Yamalube, so if it is good enough for the engineers it's good enough for me!! ;)! :yam: Save yourself some $$ and get yamalube. :rockon:

Back