Oil change over??? BLUE MARBLE

that was actually last january for me. and a common thing in pittsburg NH. usually gets to -10 or 15* at night and takes till noon to get above lol! thats why my windshield makes me nervous :(

I have used Blue Marble oil in my 02 Viper the last two seasons, this will be the third.
I really like the stuff. Low pour point, less smoke than Yamalube, power valves were cleaned yearly and looked great.

I switched from Klotz to BM. All my buddies complained of the smell of Klotz when following me (I kinda liked it). No real power differance that I could tell.

There are a couple of real interesting points though. First, is that my gas mileage went up 1 mpg consistently.
The second point, and this is good and bad, is that my sled definetly run cooler (less friction?) because my running boards don't keep my feet as warm as before.

I switched the wifes sled over last year from yamalube to blue marble.

I've been real happy with this oil and probably the best part of all is that this oil is not petroleum based and is environmentally friendly. Just helping do my part.

B.s.

M2C,
There is no way in hello, that reduced friction can cause a motor to run that much cooler! About 95% of the heat generated from the engine, is from the internal combustion process. NOT from friction! Don't be follish and believe the claims of huge power increases. Blue marble does not add any oxygen, or super combustibles to the fuel, and does not raise the BTU output of gasoline. There is no way it can increase horsepower more than 1-2 percent! If your not adding more fuel, or changing the BTU output of the fuel you are using, the only way to increase power is to get more effiency out of the motor. Thats why your sled runs good when it's lean, it burns all of the fuel quickly, and efficently. Technically if your motor is putting out more power, it will get hotter, lean motors run hotter,all of the fuel burns, period.

Have run BM in 2 MMs all last year and used Torco Synth before that for 3 years. My observations: Torco - less smoke and better smell than Yamalube. BM - Less smoke than Torco and almost no smell at all after sled warmed up (don't have to put jackets in the bed of the truck on the way home anymore). BM uses a food grade mineral oil as its base so it's much more enviro-friendly. Have noticed a slight increase in fuel milage, we ride a lot of powder in the swamps as opposed to trails so "your results may vary".

For the last four years I have run a different oil each season the worst being yamalube. It smells bad and gums up valves big time and don't let the dealer sell you any "Ringfree" because that stuff is worthless. I prefer the inteceptor and think I am going to stick with it, $28 per gallon.

More about oil than you probably want to know.

:yam: I started out using Yamalube. A guy from Amsoil said to try it and after you run for a while check the plugs. Well I did, first thing I noticed was part throttle response was a lot snappier and when I checked the plugs they where noticably cleaner. Once it warms up there is no smoke, It takes just a couple minutes for it to clear up. The other postings are correct, synthetic oils are far supeior to petroleum based oils. The only oil I've seen that actually increases hp is Amsoil. One article was from a "Fast Fours" magazine that saw a average 2-3 hp gain and another from a mag (can't remember which one) that was dynoing Nascar motors, they were averaging about 5 hp. These were back to back dyno pulls just testing oil manufacturer claims. A small increase when you look at the overall percentage but none the less the only oil that consistantly increased hp. I think when Amsoil came out with the Interceptor they tested it for a year out west on rental fleets and non of the sleds needed to have the power valves cleaned. If that's true that's pretty impressive. I've run Amsoil on my sled for about 3500 miles and my compression is the same as the day I bought it. Enough about that, let it snow so we can go!!!!!!!!!!!

I have used ringfree with awesome results. girlfriends sxr 600 with about 7k miles always run on yamalube got noticeably snappier, smoked less and got better mileage. it works

yes ringfree is similar to sea foam, and i've heard nothing but good things about it. Doesn't make yamalube any better of an oil though, i will NOT run it!

not saying it is making yamalube any better, just saying that it is indeed good stuff, not useless as stated. seafoam is great stuff too :)

What does ring free do? It cleanes the gum and varnish deposits left behind from using petroleum based oils. To get the viscosity they(petroleum oil manufacturers) want they add solvents. The first thing that happens is acid, gum and varnish forms. To control this detergents are added. Neither of these two chemicals lubricate. Synthetics are typically formed right from the beginning with the viscosity the manufacturer is looking for. Synthetics also are a natural detergent. It also adheres to the metal better (think of what solvents and detergents are designed to do). Quoting from Hot Rod magazine" If your not using sythetics yet, you simply haven't done your homework." Just look at all the new cars comming with synthetics from the factory. It helps with emmisions, no solvents and detergents. It helps with tighter tolerances, cold starting, increased fuel mileage(more uniform construction on a molecular level),
Storage(no sheeting action) etc..............

Back