Oil change over??? BLUE MARBLE

17 bucks at the local dealer,i paid 30 for the blue marble.Curious too read that article 03 viper guy!

This topic of changing oils intrigues me.... synthetic vs. Semi, cleaner on the power valves and less smoke... The one part that holds me back from changing as was noted above is that Yamaha sells this product for THEIR product, thats hard to argue with....

I suppose I HAVE TO JUMP IN ON THIS YAMALUBE THING!!!!!!! Yamalube is made by CITGO... (cities servics oil company).... Yamalube is NOTHING special compared to the DOZEN OR SO different bottles that CITGO uses to market their oil..... You could buy FARM AND FLEET 2 stroke oil and get the EXACT SAME THING AS YAMALUBE in a orange bottle instead of a black bottle for HALF THE PRICE!!!!!! Yamaha looks for an oil company that MEETS their tcw or jaso SPEC!!!!!! THE LOWEST BIDDER.... NOTHING ELSE BUT THE LOWEST BIDDER!!!!! If EXXON or BP will produce it for a dollar less than citgo would,,, You know what????? Yamaha probably would buy it from them!!!!!! Yamaha does not make OIL, NOR are they in the oil refining business!!!!!! ANY SYNTHETIC OIL IS FAR BETTER THAN YAMALUBE!!!!!! I knew a guy who would bring me gallons of TEXACO 2 stroke oil from the plant in Chicago (39th and Cicero).. it said TEXACO two stroke oil...... HE worked there for 25 years.. THE SAME TANK THAT FILLED THE YAMALUBE BOTTLES ALSO FILLED ALL THE OTHER BOTTLES WITH A DOZEN DIFFERENT LABELS!!!!!!! and YES,,, CITGO makes 2 stroke oil for its competitor TEXACO!!!!!!!! I've seen it with my own 2 eyes!!!!! I've used KLOTZ since the beginning of time (my time) and have had a wonderful experience with klotz..... KLOTZ makes KLOTZ!!!!! No one else,, nor do they put it in a yamalube bottle (thank god!!!) Gary Oles nosboy

people think that yamaha puts their SPECIAL INGREDIENTS IN A BOTTLE OF YAMALUBE!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!! I just get sooooooooh riled when people talk Yamalube....Gary Oles nosboy

switching oils

Just cleaned my power valves on my srx last week using yamalube, and it took me 2hours to clean them. so i'm switching to amsoil, do I need to change the oil pump settings?? thanks

If your going to fully synthedic then yes.That is why i went with the blue marble,well one of the reasons.

Is there anybody that used blue marble last year all season?, what did you think?

Last edited:
Millinocket an i are going to be the test dummies this year,we will leep you all posted,I already can tell you this though,it smokes a lot less then yamalube,and not much smell,and the smoke doesn't burn your eye's.

See my post above . . .

I have used Blue Marble in 4 sleds for 3 years now.
  • Is it a very good oil? Yes.
  • Will it meet all the claims in all cases? No.
This is standard marketing technique in any industry . . . Publish only the best results possible. (Your actual mileage may vary)

I have run all of the following . . .
  • Klotz
  • Amsoil
  • Amsoil 2000
  • Yamalube
  • Castrol
  • Legend ZX
  • Torco Synthetic
Klotz, both Amsoils, Legend, and Torco all were better than Yamalube. Obviously there are many oils not in my list (they make new ones faster than I can try them out). I would like to try Amsoil Interceptor, but am pretty satisfied with Blue Marble. Also BRP XPS is an excellent oil except for the smell. I have several cousins who swear by it.

Ding, if I was going to change to Amsoil interceptor or Klotz I read that you have to change your oil settings? How do I do that? Does that go for both synthetics?

Millinocket Rocket said:
i got a case (4 gal) of blue marble deivered to my door for $109.00-- i don't think thats too bad- especially if it cuts down consumption like they say

Where did you order it from for that price?

The oil setting is simply the gap in the cable housing on the oil cable when pulled apart at the joint. Easy as adjusting the throttle cable on a sled or the brakes on a bicycle. This cable simply controls the throttle position at which oil mixture goes to full ratio. It is this adjustment that changes oil consumption at low to mid range throttle positions. The flow rate of the oil itself also affects oil consumption, as the thinner oils can actually consume more oil unless adjustments are made.

I paid 101.95 for 4 gallons delivered, but the price jumped since then. You guys need to listen to what Ding and Nos pro are saying. Yamalube is no special super oil. It gives my stepson such a headache he can't ride with me. Maxdlx

If you run Yamalube for 5,000 miles and compare it to an identical engine that ran on a high quality synthetic, you will definately notice more skirt wear and bigger ring end gaps on the engine that ran yamalube. Man made oils are much more "slippery" because the particles are much more perfectly round than in an organic or semi synthetic oil, this means the oil allows parts to "roll" easier past each other, less friction = less wear

Sled has had only Yamalube. Just finished cleaning my powervalves, and put everything back together.

Didn't take too much effort to clean the valves.

Started the sled up, and my father-in-law (who owns 2 SRX's) sniffs the air and say "smells like winter to me"!.

Love the smell of a 2 stroke.

Depnds on alot of diff. variables though,i would believe.every sled is diff.Settings diff.All I know is that m power valves were pretty caked up wit hcarbon the last two times i've cleaned them.So like i said before i'll give this a shot and see what happens.

Back