The skinny on Yamalube (by nosboy)

sasksrx said:
Sooo..... since you also get oil from us Canadians then which are we? The terrorist types...or the commies???? :dunno: lol

How about the word "rapist" instead.

At current prices I don't much care who you are or what you do. I'm just tired of getting screwed.

opsled

opsled said:
How about the word "rapist" instead.

At current prices I don't much care who you are or what you do. I'm just tired of getting screwed.

opsled
Hey, I'll take your pricing over ours any day... we are paying $1.00/litre here for regular gas. You are getting it from us and pay less for it than we do. Our government kills us with gas taxes.

bluemonster1 said:
ain't that the truth!!!We are getting nailed at the pumps up here... :o|

Isn't THAT the truth. Here......take this for example about your prices in general up there........Picked up BR9ESs at Auto Zone a while ago for 1.99 a plug.....what are they running up there.

A couple of bucks said:
Isn't THAT the truth. Here......take this for example about your prices in general up there........Picked up BR9ESs at Auto Zone a while ago for 1.99 a plug.....what are they running up there.
I forget if I paid 6 or 7 bucks for a pack of two... but thats nothing. The Br9ecs plugs for my srx run about 11-12 bucks apiece here! Now THAT is getting raped!

Saw this on another forum, thought of you guys:

"I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this but here is some excellent info on Klotz oils:

I just got off the phone with Joe the Plant Manager for Klotz. We discussed the different oils and he suggested I DO NOT run the Super Techniplate. It is designed for very high RPM engines like dragsters and top fuel racers. Though it will mix with gas, it was designed to be mixed with alcohol. It is NOT a storage lubricant and will rust an engine if left in there for months at a time. He said it will surely spooge more if used by the average weekend rider who is not maxing out the engines power. He also said it will gum up the powervalve more because I am not running high enough RPM's to burn it all away."

sasksrx said:
Hey, I'll take your pricing over ours any day... we are paying $1.00/litre here for regular gas. You are getting it from us and pay less for it than we do. Our government kills us with gas taxes.

So true... Its like our own government that is screwing us. I live in Manitoba and the so called gas taxes our supposed to go to our hwys. Well ours are the worst in Canada. I need to drive my F350 to ensure I dont get swallowed up by them...

flatblack97 said:

"I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this but here is some excellent info on Klotz oils:

I just got off the phone with Joe the Plant Manager for Klotz. We discussed the different oils and he suggested I DO NOT run the Super Techniplate. It is designed for very high RPM engines like dragsters and top fuel racers. Though it will mix with gas, it was designed to be mixed with alcohol. It is NOT a storage lubricant and will rust an engine if left in there for months at a time. He said it will surely spooge more if used by the average weekend rider who is not maxing out the engines power. He also said it will gum up the powervalve more because I am not running high enough RPM's to burn it all away."
He's correct.. Super Techniplate will turn into a BIG BOOGER in your carb blwls if left for any period of time... KLOTZ makes a snowmobile oil that you put in your injection tank...

A couple of bucks said:
Didn't even know we got oil from Up nort. Figured it all came from the middle east or South American countries.

Yep the biggest exporter of oil to the US is us Canadians. Here are the latest numbers for crude oil and gasoline import to US.

Gasoline

Crude oil

what do you use as oil then like lucas or that stuff that smells like strawbarrys

flatblack97 said:

Thanks flatblack97. That is very good information for anyone who wanted to run Klotz racing oil in their sleds.

Also to stir up this thread once more, and to somewhat go with what nosboy said that the best storing oil isn't always synthetic oil since it doesn't stick as much to internal metal parts:

A older friend of mine who has been snowmobiling forever wanted a second sled. Has been a 4 stroke rider for some time now but always wanted a SRX. Bough a 2002 SRX this year that was used to drag in the winter by some guys with a shop. Modified clutch of course, suspenssion was done by starsuspensions, they made the suspension for G-Force's fastest World record sled (a heavily modified Apex ), some LED's for looks and who know what else.

He brings it home only to find it was dripping coolant, from a head gasket I think. Anyhoo he brings it it for an engine overhaul and when the Yamaha dealer opens it up there's surface rust everywhere in the engine. The dealer and my friend couldn't believe it since it was running like a champ just before tear down. Only good thing is it didn't need much replacement parts inside.

To get to my point, the sled was run on Ipone from the previous owner. I know lots of you guys will say if it wasn't fogged (which we don't know) it can cause this. But I have a hard time believing it.

Ipone semi-synthetic and full syn is sold as a racing oil from what the website says.

Last edited:
yfm350 said:
what do you use as oil then like lucas or that stuff that smells like strawbarrys

I use Amsoil Interceptor. For these reasons:

- Here in Canada its cheaper then most other synthetic oil when ordered online. If you can find any syntec locally to start with. Even cheaper then dyno Yamalube.
- It can be ordered online and delivered to my door step in 2 two days.
- If I run out on a trip it can be found, but more expensive, at any Canadian Tire.

As for the strawberries smelling Ipone well my friend above switched to Amsoil Interceptor...

Last edited:

Back