The skinny on Yamalube (by nosboy)

that is a good price,I paid $32 a gallon plus tax last season..Shell Advance or Amsoil here is $60 a gallon plus..insane prices for that ..as long as my engines have oil running thru them,I am fine..maybe I should go and find cheaper oil at Walmart

Wow I just read all 41 pages. The independent shop where I got my oil from recommended Yamalube. I've been dealing with him for 15 yrs and I know he's looking out for my best interest. There were jugs of synthetics for twice the price that he could've recommended to make more money, but he said that the Yamalube will do just fine. The sled runs fine. The PV's were a mess, but I just got the sled in February and I only put 300 miles on it. The sled had some blue oil in it when I got, I have no idea what it was. I've run different oils in my sleds over the years and have had no issues with any of them. As long as you use an oil that meets the needs of your use you should be fine.

Wow I just read all 41 pages. The independent shop where I got my oil from recommended Yamalube. I've been dealing with him for 15 yrs and I know he's looking out for my best interest. There were jugs of synthetics for twice the price that he could've recommended to make more money, but he said that the Yamalube will do just fine. The sled runs fine. The PV's were a mess, but I just got the sled in February and I only put 300 miles on it. The sled had some blue oil in it when I got, I have no idea what it was. I've run different oils in my sleds over the years and have had no issues with any of them. As long as you use an oil that meets the needs of your use you should be fine.

A SHOP doesn't know much about oil... Maybe they know about snowmobiles and motorcycles,,but,, ASK A CHEMICAL ENGINEER about chemicals,,, ask a BAKER about wedding cakes and ask a DOCTOR if you have a lump on your butt.....( or your head)... You see,, being around snowmobiles doesn't make you an expert on snowmobiles..... Please don't mis interpret this either.. I'm PERSONALLY not a chemical engineer ( although I HAVE played one once in a while on TV..) ( just kidding),, but,,,, I DO have a pretty impressive education....Next to TEFLON,,, the SLICKEST STUFF known to man is POND SCUM.. Do you want me to tell you that POND SCUM will work BETTER THAN YAMALUBE????? GUESS WHAT???? IT WILL,, IF you know how to get the motor to injest it properly....... So you see.. as CRAZY as it sounds...... IT DOES WORK BETTER..... YAMALUBE is made by CITGO...... Do a little search of Cities Services Oil Company and see WHO OWNS CITGO.... We could go a little further into that and do a search on the company KRUPS or KRUPP.. They make COFFEE MAKERS and COFFEE BEAN GRINDERS..... They ALSO MAKE ASSAULT RIFLES that KILL our AMERICAN SOLDIERS.... DO a little search on YAMALUBE and see whats REALLY GOING ON....

Gary, I love reading your post's, but lets keep this on track. Discuss this based on chemical composition and not politically. I know Citgo is owned by Chavez and the cartell. Shell is owned by arabs and Bush's. None of these are fantastic. We are all just pawns in the world. Al Now, lets have another 40+ pages.

I know Mystik is also a Citgo product. We sell and install drums of Mystik Marine synthetic oil. We also sell and use the Mystik sno mo oil. Klotz is great smelling oil while burning, but smell like cat piss while in the jug. Go figure. Al

Yamalube has been good to us. I have just found that being a Mystik dealer, we can buy our oil much cheaper and have synthetic to boot. Smells good as well while burning.

one thing with Mystic though..it does not carry the TCW-3 certification, neither does Mystic synthetic which is what I buy at Fleet/Farm on sale $18.99

so the TCW-3 really is a lower quality oil which would be fine in a red head sled.So for oil to use in a higher performance sled like the SRX,it is better to stay away from TCW-3 then because the engines run hotter and this oil doesn't stand up.Isn't Yamalube 2-S oil rated TCW-3 also..I remember reading on the Msytik container at the store and it said not for use in TCW-3 applications,,that scared me off from buying because I always thought it had to have TCW-3 rating.Don't remember see on the Mystik container anything about being synthetic as well..so even non synthethic Mystic 2 stroke oil is good for my SRX or not??? I may just go and buy more Yamalube from my Dealer to be safe then.
I see that the JASC0-FD rating is what we should look for..
Anyways here is a good read I found that a guy posted up on another site..very interesting how testing is done on 2 stroke oil before they pass it to the public to buy..especially running leaner ratios on an engine that runs a solid time period over up to 150:1 and if the engine is still not losing any HP after like 55 minutes..then that oil is finally passed the testing..anyways you can read it yourselves...
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0SO...//www.thumpertalk.com/topic/904494-tcw-3-oil/

from the 1/2013 MSDS: is this the right stuff for my redheads?

Mystik Sea and Snow 2-Cycle Engine Oil is recommended for use in air-cooled, 2-cycle applications
where an API TC, JASO FD or ISO-L-EGD product is preferred. It can be used in either premix or oil
injection systems up to 50:1 fuel ratios. It may also be used in certain motorcycle engines which are
liquid cooled. Not recommended for engines requiring an NMMA TC-W3, TC-WII, or TC-W product.

http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/M20089.pdf

Last edited:
it was the Mystik Sea and Snow 2 stroke oil I was looking at.So it is Synthetic then.So is that oil safe for the SRX is all I am asking,it seems to have the ratings..I remember the price for it was better then the Yamalube at the dealers also.

I buy a Sea & Snow in sort of a bronze colored jug for aprox. $20 and I see a white colored Sea & Snow conventional for less money.

Back