136" suspension issues!

n2oiroc

i cant figure out my rear suspension. the geometry is correct 2.5" drop rear, 1.0625" drop center and stock front mounts. the track is sitting flat on the floor. the problem is it seems to be bottoming out just a couple inches into its travel. it feels like its hitting the stops, but its not even close to them. any ideas? thanks!

crewchief47 said:
Did you move them forward at all? The optional mounting holes in my venture drop the skid down and forward. The rear dropped about 1.25" and the centre about 5/8" with a 1/8 move forward. I don't know how far forward the rear moved but it was around an 1/8 as well.

Pics: http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18195
they were moved forward. everything still has the same center to center as stock. here are some pics.

Attachments

• susp1.jpg
    susp1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 25
  • susp2.jpg
    susp2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 23
  • susp3.jpg
    susp3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
  • susp4.jpg
    susp4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 50
Nice w-arm. Can i get that guy's name and number, i need to get some stuff beefed up and you said he does great work.

yamaholic22 said:
Nice w-arm. Can i get that guy's name and number, i need to get some stuff beefed up and you said he does great work.
sure, come over fix my sled and ill hook you up with him. :Moon: ;):D ;)!

n2oiroc said:
sure, come over fix my sled and ill hook you up with him. :Moon: ;):D ;)!

LOL, i'll be home this weekend to get some guy's three polaris's ready for the season, so let me know if you need anything.

as soon as the transfer rods bottom it stops, i unbolted them and everything is fine, full travel.

alright, i pulled everything out and rechecked the measurements. the rear mount was 5/16" too long. i fixed the length and lowered it a bit (i didnt like it that high!). now it seems a lot better. mike if you have time this weekend, i would appreciate a second opinion!

Attachments

• viper1.jpg
    viper1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 35
  • viper2.jpg
    viper2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
i had the same problem, i would get down to the transfer rod and boom it would run out of travel, but i was too late. i went riding last night to a little jump and bent my tunnel a little bit, now im done messing around im going to put it back to the stock mounting holes. it sure looked good though.

Attachments

• Picture060.jpg
    Picture060.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture059.jpg
    Picture059.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 17
try putting the transfer rods in the first set of holes on the rails , thats what i did to make everything work right . i rode it all last year like that , had no problems , sled rode like a champ !!!

here is a picture , look where i have my rods mounted , i know it probably not right , but i dont see any diffrence in what hole you use as long as it works fine ..

Attachments

• shled1 back.jpg
    shled1 back.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
yamiman said:
i had the same problem, i would get down to the transfer rod and boom it would run out of travel, but i was too late. i went riding last night to a little jump and bent my tunnel a little bit, now im done messing around im going to put it back to the stock mounting holes. it sure looked good though.
do you have insurance? if you do, its time for a v.e. or fabcraft tunnel!!! :bling: ;):D ;)!

B2SO said:
try putting the transfer rods in the first set of holes on the rails , thats what i did to make everything work right . i rode it all last year like that , had no problems , sled rode like a champ !!!

here is a picture , look where i have my rods mounted , i know it probably not right , but i dont see any diffrence in what hole you use as long as it works fine ..
is that a 1.75" lug? how does it work in the deep? :yrules:

i really dont want to claim, so i will just rivet a plate on there. it isnt that bad at all i just didnt have enought reinforcement and mounted the suspension wrong, i guess i learned the hard way ;):D

Yes , it's a 1.75 polaris take off track , i had every window punched and clipped so i could run 9 tooth non slip drivers ...IT ROCKS in the deep stuff , IT ROCKS for hole shots and IT THROWS ROCKS at my buddys on the trails , cant ask for anymore !!!!

got hte 136 rail extensions on mine and thought alot about dropping the back brackets (what about the other mounting locations?
did it make any difference in handling what about in the deep snow, going out west for 2 trips any help out there is needed

when all this gets figured out, ill let you know how it goes. a word of advice, when you drop the rear, a little goes a long way. my rear bolt is just barely below the boards and it raised the back a substantial amount. i probably only have a 2" drop in my last two pics. the center mount is dropped 1 1/16". you definatly need to keep all the center to centers perfect, mine was off 5/16" and it was binding bad! i think i have it fixed out now, but i still want a second opinion.

Mine did the same thing, it was hitting on the rear of the rear shock. Right where the rear siccors goes under it. Mine works just like it did before, but I have all my holes lined up right now too. Maxdlx

Also try putting the center mount back up to the stock hole, It will travel then but be stiffer, if it does, then that is where it is hitting. Maxdlx

Back