2007 - New Spy Pic!

JLSXR700

In the latest issue of the Minnesota Snowmobiling magazine (a free magazine for all members of the Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association, or MnUSA), there's an article and a new spy photo of the new 2007 Yamaha.

Here's the text of the article:

SPY PHOTO PHONED IN FROM UNDISCLOSED LOCATION IN JANUARY
NEW YAMAHA POPS OUT FOR A SURPRISE EARLY 2007 PEEK-A-B00

This picture sent in by one of our trusty SNOWPOD fans just as this issue was getting ready to go to press purports to reveal the first-ever glimpse of an all-new Yamaha model slated for introduction very soon.

Not much is visible from this distant and fuzzy camera phone shot, but judicious use of the magnifying glass and the computer image sharpening in the lavishly-equipped MnSnow photolab has revealed the snowmobile pictured most certainly has a wishbone ski suspension with very tall shock towers and extruded spindles ala REV.

Close examination of the photo reveals side panels molded to closely hug the components underneath in a kind of 'shrinkwrap' style and the truncated front bumper appears to double as an upward-facing grab handle. Analyzing the limited proportions revealed in the piucture, we can surmise the new machine features a version of driver forward architecture.

Much beyond these few details can be gleaned from this early spy shot, but our correspondent was able to discover the sled will be on display for Yamaha dealers in Minnesota on the evening of February 13 at a downtown Minneapolis location we were able to learn is the Downtown Hilton.

Yamaha has introduced a new model line every year since the appearance of the first RX-1 4-stroke in 2003 and it looks from here like 2007 will be another year of new design from the resurgent sledmaker.

Attachments

• Yam07SpyPicZoom.jpg
    Yam07SpyPicZoom.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 6,350
  • Yam07SpyPict.jpg
    Yam07SpyPict.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 987
Last edited:

Sorry guys but they just dont look like a sled to me anymore,

more for the traditional 2 stroke look of even 3-5 years ago.
dont get me wrong though it looks awsome but to futuristic like for me

my .02cents worth anyway
id like to have one though.

my next sled purchace will be in about 5 years though.

jamie

what will they call it?

Now that does look like something different.Can't wait to see it.Probably lighter with a lot more suspension to absorb the terrain.Does it come with a remote starter...I hope. :WayCool: :WayCool:

That thing looks sick! Definatly has a bunch of quad features i could see some sweet *** bumper being put on there! Maybe some better shocks longer a arms? Oh yeah upgrades like a quad...... Anyone wanna buy a srx??? LOL

i just noticed, if you look at the teaser on the yamaha site and this one. they almost look like they are two different sleds, maybe not

pic of jimmy riding the new one from the back. check out spindles...

by the way, good find jl and thanks for sharin :rockon: !!!

Attachments

• snoxcover.jpg
    snoxcover.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,046
Harry Balzonya said:
Sorry guys but they just dont look like a sled to me anymore,

more for the traditional 2 stroke look of even 3-5 years ago.
dont get me wrong though it looks awsome but to futuristic like for me

my .02cents worth anyway
id like to have one though.

my next sled purchace will be in about 5 years though.

jamie

I agree, I like the more conventional look to the sleds, I cant imagine trying to boon dock one of the newer apex's because theyre so tall and so nice, lol

Im very pumped to see this new sled, almost a week from now!

honestly, I wouldnt buy that ugly thing lol! looks goofy as hell, not much of a sled. maybe I am getting too old at the ripe age of 24 (25 this march 2)

Back